DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAG INTERF.

i have got the mag interfiernce warning a few times, once when i launched off a cement picnic table and once when i launched off the tail gate of my truck and once when i launched at a boat launch, not sure what triggers the warning, the boat launch warning actually affected my flight
The steel in the concrete and your truck can cause magnetic interference.

tried flying my pro for 1st time today. I was in field with plenty of space around. All we well until I tried to lift off and the controller indicated I had MAG interference issue. Any suggestions? I'm new to this and cannot find out much about this other than near metal objects which is not the case here. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Were you lifting off from concrete? If so, steel rebar in the concrete can cause magnetic interference. If you hold the Mavic a few feet above the ground does the warning go away? If so, there may be something in the ground causing interference. You can move to a different spot or hand launch after verifying that the Mavic and map/radar pointer are both pointing in the same direction.

With my Mavic Pro I can take off from the hood of my car but my Phantom is way too sensitive around any metallic object even my car.. so I’m thinking it could be something metallic underground. Try moving 50 meters and try again
Cheers
Daasmangi
Sorry, missed to say that in my case it was with a Phantom 3. From that experience I minimized the number of calibration as as soon it is in the air, it is no more influenced. Now I use a plastic box at that location to be out of influence.

I suspect what actually happened here was the calibration was valid. If there were enough geomagnetic distortion to affect the calibration then the calibration attempt would have been rejected with a "move to a new location" message being issued. Generally speaking, geomagnetic distortions caused by pipes, rebar, etc in the ground only extend a meter at most above the ground.The calibration dance occurs above that geomagnetic distortion.

The incident was probably caused when the AC was placed on the ground where the geomagnetic distortion caused the Yaw to be initialized incorrectly due to the incorrect compass value.
Yes, you are right. My mistake was to recalibrate the compass at a poor location. On the ground it gives error due to an underground big garage. That was a Phantom 3 in my case with a single compass. Now with 2 compass in the Mavic it can better tell what is happening,

On a plastic box (60 cm / 2 feet), then take off is now fine at that location. Just better to hand catch for landing instead of landing on ground as it will could go to ATTI mode. Too noob at that time to avoid small crash due to that.

Yes, you are right. My mistake was to recalibrate the compass at a poor location. On the ground it gives error due to an underground big garage. That was a Phantom 3 in my case with a single compass. Now with 2 compass in the Mavic it can better tell what is happening,

On a plastic box (60 cm / 2 feet), then take off is now fine at that location. Just better to hand catch for landing instead of landing on ground as it will could go to ATTI mode. Too noob at that time to avoid small crash due to that.
Actually, what I'm saying is that your incident had nothing to do with the calibration. It was all about launching from a geomagnetically distorted location. No amount of compass calibrating at any location would have prevented that incident.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo