DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic Field Interference Exit P-GPS Mode

hiimdoug

Reactions
I was flying over my residential neighborhood at an altitude of 241 ft (I had just gotten done taking a 360 panorama photo 60 seconds prior) when I received the following warning "Magnetic Field Interference Exit P-GPS Mode" and heard the controller tell me that it was now it ATTI mode.

Prior to this happening I had 14 satellites and was in LOS with drone. Looking back at the flight in the DJI Go App, I did briefly have a low GPS signal and It was an overcast evening.

The drone only lasted in ATTI mode for all over 15-30 seconds before it went back into GPS mode. I was able to control the drone while in ATTI mode and was then able to land without issue.

I have logged many many hours of flight over my neighborhood without ever noticing a weak GPS signal or getting a Magnetic Field Interference warning.

Any idea what could have caused this or any thoughts in general (any reading material or youtube videos) on what causes and ways to avoid magnetic interference?

Reactions: hiimdoug
The UAV Forecast App gives the KP index. What is the acceptable level?
I've never seen evidence that the KP index caused a problem. Therefore, my recommendation is that you disregard it.

Reactions: BudWalker
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada