DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

magnetic interference/check app is all i get From my new mavic2pro

Did you ever get it fixed? I am having the same issue. After about 15 mins into my flight I keep getting magnetic interference. I am flying exactly where I flew my platinum. When I try to recalibrate it keeps failing, no mater where I move to.
my problem was operator head space, left an A cable in & tried to use B port :rolleyes:
yers is a different animal

go into settings and set up your Drone's compass... it will walk you through it. I had the same issue and this is all I had to do to get rid of it. You can thank me later. :)
How can u set compus if it will not connect. Mag interface stops drone connecting.

How can u set compus if it will not connect. Mag interface stops drone connecting.
Can you start at the beginning and explain your issue?
Magnetic interference shouldn't prevent the drone connecting.
You should still have a perfectly good connection between your Mavic, controller and the app even if the compass is complaining of magnetic interference.

Ok I'm new at this.
Was flying well last night.
When I turn everything on. Remote searches for drone. It does connect and then comes up mag interference. It will not let me calibrate. Or talk to the drone.

Ok I'm new at this.
Was flying well last night.
When I turn everything on. Remote searches for drone. It does connect and then comes up mag interference. It will not let me calibrate. Or talk to the drone.
The usual cause of the magnetic interference message is that the compass in your drone is sensing that the drone is close to steel or reinforced concrete or electric cables.
Is your drone well away from anything that could be setting off the compass?
Have you tried moving to a different place?

The usual cause of the magnetic interference message is that the compass in your drone is sensing that the drone is close to steel or reinforced concrete or electric cables.
Is your drone well away from anything that could be setting off the compass?
Have you tried moving to a different place?
Yes I have been moving to different places all day. Really strange.

Yes I have been moving to different places all day. Really strange.
The next thing to check is what's showing in the Sensors section of your App settings.
What does it tell you about the compass?
If the compass is disconnected, it will never calibrate and you'll get the mag interference message (although the problem isn't mag interference)

The next thing to check is what's showing in the Sensors section of your App settings.
What does it tell you about the compass?
If the compass is disconnected, it will never calibrate and you'll get the mag interference message (although the problem isn't mag interference)
I will check. As I am getting the same message in both drones. Inspire 2 and mav pro. It shows disconnected on app. But still shows mag interference error on remote.

Ok, on this subject. Will light poles in an abandoned parking lot cause this mag interference. Like how far away do I need to be. Though this would be an awesome safe place to shoot. Mag interference the whole time......

Ok, on this subject. Will light poles in an abandoned parking lot cause this mag interference. Like how far away do I need to be.
Only if they are steel poles and your drone is closer than 3 feet from the pole ... otherwise no.

Thanks for the reply. I am wayyy further away than 3 feet. I heard someone talking about watches causing an issue? Is that for real, like I have to take off my watch to fly this thing?(I hope not). I honestly dont have the problem when using the smart controller, only when I try to use the regular controller.

I heard someone talking about watches causing an issue? Is that for real, like I have to take off my watch to fly this thing?(I hope not).
Apple watches have been blamed for issues when calibrating but It shouldn't make any difference for flying.
I honestly dont have the problem when using the smart controller, only when I try to use the regular controller.
The controller shouldn't make a difference since it's the compass sensor in the drone that registers magnetic interference.

When/where are you getting the warning?
If it's when the drone is on the ground, try moving to different spots.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23