DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference....check app

lcastric

Reactions
Newbe
Sometimes the above blocks connection sometimes not. No metal nearby...a deserted beach. Sometimes compass calibration allows the connection, sometimes not. Baffling!

Thanks. This appears everywhere. I mean everywhere. I suppose the earth's magnetic field is everywhere. Maybe it's my teeth.

Like I said the confusing thing is that sometimes there's a connection and away we go...despite this error message. Sometimes not.

Are you aware that you have to calibrate your compass if you traveled over 30 miles? Or if you haven't calibrated for over 30 days? (See pg. 65 of the owners manual.)

Unfortunately, it gives the same error as actual magnetic interference, even when there isn't any such interference.

Newbe
Sometimes compass calibration allows the connection, sometimes not.

Allows a connection? You should still get a connection, regardless of the reason for getting the message. In fact, if you weren't connected, DJI Go would not even know that you needed to calibrate the compass.

Chris

It's been my experience when I get that message is to shut down, move 10ft and restart. I have 180 successful flights and have never calibrated anything.

The magnetic interference message on the Mavic 2 is generally caused by the firmware request to calibrate the compass every 30 days or if you have changed location by more than 50 km. It is much less commonly caused by real magnetic interference that causes the magnetometer readings to go out of tolerance - easy to check in the sensors section of the GO 4 app.

Note that this message will not prevent take off - you can start the motors with the usual CSC and the message will disappear until next time the aircraft is powered up.

I appreciate all this good feedback. I'll report back when the rain and wind abates.
DJI is sending me a shipping label to send in my new, unflown, Mavic 2 Zoom. Sometimes it would connect to the Aircraft, sometimes not. Good luck with yours.

Hi, thanks for this feedback. "Note that this message will not prevent take off - you can start the motors with the usual CSC". Pls tell me what CSC is. Thanks

Hi, thanks for this feedback. "Note that this message will not prevent take off - you can start the motors with the usual CSC". Pls tell me what CSC is. Thanks
It refers to Combination Stick Command and is implemented by holding both sticks in and down at the same time or also out and down works.

Yes!
Now the app doesn't connect and the screen is stuck on the 4 step connection process which doesn't work. Any ideas?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25