DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic interference problem

I had a calibration problem when I first purchased Mavic. I tried and tried to recalibrate. The Mavic would not recalibrate. Eventually, I sent back to DJI and they sent out another. I think it was a lemon. During this process, I learned it is important to have a computer screen at least 17" for calibration purposes.

There is no credible mechanism that I can think of for bluetooth communications, or any other realistic electromagnetic radiation for that matter, to affect the earth's magnetic field or the magnetometers on the aircraft.

Yes!

Constant magnetic interference warnings! Went through compass and IMU calibrations..now the app won't find the drone! Can't get past step 4 to "find the device"..this is not a "real world use" product at this point. I cannot keep calibrating the compass every time I want to use this thing..please HELP!

I really do think it has to do with shutting everything Bluetooth off...got rid of my issues...

I took my Mavic Pro to Asia from NC. First stop in Singapore, I went to fly from an open field next to a large warehouse type building. I kept getting the "magnetic interference" notice so I tried the calibration, thinking that traveling so far might cause issues regarding the compass. Same notice after calibration, but the bird flew, so I flew.

No problems on the flight and when I got back to the hotel I checked my map to see what that building was...turns out it was a power station/substation! No wonder I got that message.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial