DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden Flight

Maniac_au

Reactions
Hi, all took out my 1st Mavic Pro yesterday after repairing it myself, figured the easiest to repair. Flew really cautiously with it, in beginners mode everything appears to work, had the Gimble do a reset once.
Checked out RTH, Auto takeoff, manual takeoff, as well as manual landing.

Did an IMU calibration, Compass calibration & Gimble calibration before on the bench @ home.

Have only calibrated the vision sensors by the moving around sequence, as can’t get DJI Assistant to run on a Win 10 laptop, to use the screen method.

Bill

Reactions: Ynksfan27
Moving around sequence?
I thought you had to use Assistant to calibrate the vision sensors.

You could be using an incompatible screen resolution. It may require 1080p. My laptop is 720p and Assistant won't run vision calibration on it.
It works on my desktop however.

Reactions: Maniac_au
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah this is the 1st of 3 crash/repair units I bought.
Was easiest to repair broken gimbal, as crashed on maiden flight by original buyer.
In the App it basically said to pick up Mavic and keep pointed down, then, draw a rectangle clockwise with the longer sides being top to bottom, shorter left to right.
Hope that explains it?
Also with the caveat that it would calibrate better on the computer.

Problem is haven’t even managed to get DJI Assistant to run @ all, in Win 10. Probably due to the unsigned drivers, and p.i.t.a. to get it into safe mode to install.

Bill

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah this is the 1st of 3 crash/repair units I bought.
Was easiest to repair broken gimbal, as crashed on maiden flight by original buyer.
In the App it basically said to pick up Mavic and keep pointed down, then, draw a rectangle clockwise with the longer sides being top to bottom, shorter left to right.
Hope that explains it?
Also with the caveat that it would calibrate better on the computer.

Problem is haven’t even managed to get DJI Assistant to run @ all, in Win 10. Probably due to the unsigned drivers, and p.i.t.a. to get it into safe mode to install.

Bill
I think you are correct about the unsigned drivers because I had the same thing. I did a Google search and found a solution that worked for me with my Mavic Pro:

1. Right click on the Windows 10 button
2. Settings
3. Update & Security
4. Recovery
5. Advanced startup - restart now
6. Troubleshoot
7. Advanced options
8. Startup settings
9. Restart
10. Press 7) to "Disable driver signature enforcement"
11. Load DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate drone vision sensors.

Good luck

Thanks will have a look at that, again.

Might even have a 2nd unit to calibrate If I can find a decent quality gimbal cable, had it on the bench today with video feed but a gimbal overload due to no cable installed.
Panicked for a bit with GPS & Compass failures but then remembered to plug the back cable in calibrated fine. With the same caveat on the vision sensors.

Thanks, managed to install latest DJI Assistant gave it the right permissions & have so far calibrated the 2nd unit, will do the other 1 later today as have apparently got plenty else to do before going away.

Thanks, managed to install latest DJI Assistant gave it the right permissions & have so far calibrated the 2nd unit, will do the other 1 later today as have apparently got plenty else to do before going away.

Glad it worked for you. I'm not sure why DJI doesn't do what's necessary to fix this issue so that we don't need to use a workaround like this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks