DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Major Obstacle Sensor Fail along with RTH Fail New Drone

Now they tweeted that I should return drone for service. They went from telling me the situation was fixed to send in your drone. As I said dealing with them is BRUTAL.
Did you have a long waiting period to get the Air 3S? I was thinking if you returned it for service would you need to wait a long period of time again before you get your AIR 3 S back? I'm being told it will be nearly a month before I receive my Air3S due to customs issues...what a mess.

Now they tweeted that I should return drone for service. They went from telling me the situation was fixed to send in your drone. As I said dealing with them is BRUTAL.
I have found this to be true when dealing with other Chinese companies as well. I recently tried to log into one company's website only to be told my password was wrong. Since it's stored on my computer, that is impossible. But to avoid the 'game', I clicked on "Forgot Password". The site said a link was sent to my email box. It wasn't. Over the course of the next two days, I tried repeatedly to no avail, so I sent them a email explaining the issue. Their fix? Register under a new email! When I explained that I would then lose the points I had accrued in the old account, they sent me another link - which was the same as the old one and wouldn't let me in because my password was 'wrong'. I sent back another email and told them I had a solution: Cancel the $300 order I had placed and close my account. I quickly got a reply that said (literally) No no no! Please follow this link! I did, and miracle upon miracles, everything worked, INCLUDING my old password. :rolleyes:

I am at a loss to explain this kind of behavior. The DJI website forum is rife with it. You post an issue and "IF" you get a response, it's often useless. Even getting a response is difficult. When they do respond, they are very polite but when the answer they give you has nothing to do with your problem, or suggests you try something you plainly told them you had already done, it's very frustrating! I have seen several replies saying certain problems have been sent to other departments - with zero follow up or up dates.

Good luck with your drone! I hope they replace it with one that is trouble free and functions as it is supposed to function. In cases like this, DJI should not only resolve the issue, but give the customer some perk, like DJI points, an extension on the warranty or even something like an extra battery to make up for the BS. In the mean time, have a beer and try to relax!

Last edited:
Did you have a long waiting period to get the Air 3S? I was thinking if you returned it for service would you need to wait a long period of time again before you get your AIR 3 S back? I'm being told it will be nearly a month before I receive my Air3S due to customs issues...what a mess.
No, it came right away from China. But I’m not sending a brand new drone in for service. I’ll just return it for a refund.

Reactions: Starz
I was wondering about lens flare too. In that video it kind seems to happen when the sunset is around the 45-90 degrees from the pair of sensors.
See my latest video where I'm flying into the sun no issue. Happens when the sun goes down.

I've ordered another unit and will return this once the new one arrives. Based on past experience it too will do the same but I gotta try before DJI Return window closes. (14 days)

They live denial. Drones don't have problems, so it must be user error or already fixed. LOL! Sending it in can't fix a bug. On this new a drone, it is hard to tell a true equipment defect from a FW bug that you may have discovered, that needs to reach a critical mass of reports before they confirm it, and begin fixing it.

I have exactly the same problem reported on my mavic air 3s !!! I will wait for new firmware updates, as I bought mine in Europe and I live in Brazil.

Reactions: bkushner
I have exactly the same problem reported on my mavic air 3s!!! I will wait for new firmware updates, as I bought mine in Europe and I live in Brazil.

I just flew a battery at the crucial time frame and had NO ISSUES!!! I can only do the one battery as the sensors go off after awhile. So before I declare PROBLEM SOLVED I want to spend a couple more days but this is very promising..Looks like the NEW FIRMWARE did the trick..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wforakerjr