DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Man died trying to save his drone

msenjur

Reactions
this accident happened today in our capital city.

when he was landing his drone, it got cought on church belltowers gutter. so he climbed up the gutter, but he fell from around 15m. saddly, he didn survive.

FOTO: Padel s cerkve in umrl

:(

Thats bad.

What people do sometime to save a drone is just crazy. I understand that this is a expensive hobby but when you are trying to save or retrieve a drone... Think about before you act... It is risky or not. Your life is more important than a drone.

when he was landing his drone, it got cought on church belltowers gutter. so he climbed up the gutter, but he fell from around 15m. saddly, he didn survive.

Sad for sure
On a side note though, if you would include your city state and country in your profile, it would have been MUCH easier to figure out where YOUR Capital city is.
;)

So someone who can't decipher the foreign written language would know this how?
Ljubljanja could have been just another word

Reactions: JDawg
So someone who can't decipher the foreign written language would know this how?
Ljubljanja could have been just another word

Don't be that American guy. I don't speak Slovenian and I was still able to find out in the article. It says "slovenske novice" which gives you a hint, then in the upper middle there's a weather report for "Ljubljana", and the article states "LJUBLJANA - *text*" which in newspaper articles indicates which city the article is about.

When I clicked on thew story, Google asked me if I wanted it translated.

Some people are inherently stupid.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.25.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.25.36 AM.png
    354.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.25.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-10 at 9.25.50 AM.png
    359 KB · Views: 125
That's sad..RIP. This kind of news, although definitely tragic, definitely opens my eyes/awareness to think twice before trying to save my drone stuck somewhere. ..especially as a new flyer myself. Safety first.

Reactions: zwt100 and Paulos
Some people are inherently stupid.

Sometimes you have to look at it from the persons view point. Over there it might not be $1000 loss and when you adjust for income this might have been like you leaving behind an inspire 2.

It’s sad and I have no doubts he felt at the time it was going to work. To bad he did not seek help in getting it down and instead rushed it head first.

Rob

Reactions: zwt100
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803