DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manly Sydney in 4K

Beautiful job. You certainly have an amazing abundance of great subjects.

My first attempt at drone filming and editing. Featuring the suburb of Manly in Sydney (Australia).

Filmed with DJI Mavic Air 2 (plus other/unknown drones). Correct corrected using The Film Poets (SkyGrades Collection) LUTS.

Please let me know what you think!
very nice, the dolphins and whales amazing, but it certainly looks like the drone was closer than 100meters.

Reactions: bushie
It's not Cronulla but Manly is OK i guess.;) I had the dolphins the other day but it was a grey old day and didnt turn out near as good as yours. Nice job!

It's not Cronulla but Manly is OK i guess.;) I had the dolphins the other day but it was a grey old day and didnt turn out near as good as yours. Nice job!
Ha ha, thanks Juggler. :) I’m looking forward to seeing your Shire Surfing vids, when you start publishing.

Last edited:
Awesome Video, allways perfect light, nice editing skills, an a landscape to die for. On of the best videos i watched this week!

Thanks Miniflyer. Did you catch the ferry from the Sydney CBD to Manly? That ferry ride is such a great (and very cheap) way to see Sydney Harbour.

We took a number of ferries whilst we were there to various locations but our visit to Manly was part of a harbour cruise - we did spend a couple of hours there.

Awesome Video, allways perfect light, nice editing skills, an a landscape to die for. On of the best videos i watched this week!
Thanks heikofritz!

The great lighting you mentioned was achieved by filming mostly in (or around) Magic Hour. I also used the DCinelike setting to get greater dynamic range. Together, they worked extremely well!

We took a number of ferries whilst we were there to various locations but our visit to Manly was part of a harbour cruise - we did spend a couple of hours there.
Sounds like you had a good itinerary. ??. A lot of other visitors are very time limited, so they take photos of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, walk around the CBD/Rocks and then depart. That’s not Sydney!

Is it really your first attempt? It looks so great and professional to me:)
Thanks. ?

To be fair, a lot of the credit for the Colour Grading should go to FilmPoets. I used their LUTs as a starting point and it makes the process much easier.

Last edited:
My first attempt at drone filming and editing. Featuring the suburb of Manly in Sydney (Australia).

Filmed with DJI Mavic Air 2 (plus other/unknown drones). Correct corrected using The Film Poets (SkyGrades Collection) LUTS.

Please let me know what you think!
Excellent job! Thank you for sharing

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp