DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manners Maketh Man

Wait, what did I miss? We need names. Forums should be taken with a grain of salt or however the saying goes, with any subject, cars, go carts, golf carts, etc. There will always be the ones who will bash you or tell you you're stupid. I would assume the majority recognizes those people and shrug it off.

We're all playing with toys here, although expensive and somewhat dangerous, they're still toys. I myself am here for the invaluable information that can be gained. If someone wants to get onto me for doing something stupid, so be it. I would hope a little berating never killed anyone.

I haven't seen too much berating personally on this forum, there are mostly those who say you're breaking the rules of flying and should abide by the rules.

While I appreciate and hear what you are saying, the reality of the situation is that this forum, like most forums, is a microcosm of the world we live in. There will always be those who abuse and bully and try to intimidate others. That's life in the big pond, so to speak. I am surprised that you have reached your conclusion after having only been a member here for about 6 weeks with very few postings attributed to you. You may consider looking past the "bullies" and realize the great value and good information that can be found on this forum.
I personally feel the positive greatly outweighs the the negative.
But obviously, the choice is yours to make. :rolleyes:

Reactions: joejaxvic123
My point exactly. And it isn't one post or a few posts that prompted my manner rant. There are a few know it all who can't post without making it personal and ugly because the sun shines from their nethers. I can no longer offer help or knowledge without knowing a troll will come behind me and call me stupid and undermine any good my years of experience has to offer. I'm too DARN old and too highly placed in the food chain to spend much more time among lowlife punks. Of course those responding here have been mannerly and kind, so there is some hope in a gloomy world.
Maybe I'm alone here, but in the 2 posts from you I've read you have called others "low life punks" and "social buttcracks" while complaining about their ugliness? Good luck with your new forum. Let me guess, you will be the moderator? Free speech on campus wins again!

I completely agree that there are quite a few of those questions. I would argue that those types of questions are what launched these types of forms in the first place........
This is the point, I think. You are absolutely correct in that these are the types of questions that get forums like this off the ground. Now that these forums are soaring through the air, the answers are already here, several times, presented in several ways by several members. I even think that the page used for posting new threads searches and suggests topics as you type. I, hopefully, have never been one of the first responders who heaps fuel onto the fire ~as i completely agree that it is rude and unhelpful - and it degrades the information on the forums, overall, by leaving a pile of dead threads in its wake.

A new MAVIC forum that IS moderated will be started. Offensive or bullying language WILL be deleted along with accounts of offenders. Actual assistance will be offered. Encouragement for the sport will be enthusiastic and free of abuse. Bullys beware. There are still some of us willing to stand up to you... even here.

Good luck on your new forum where everyone who offends your tender sensibilities will be booted. I'm sure it will be fabulous.

and undermine any good my years of experience has to offer.
Experience is worth nothing without understanding... and this whole "mess" precisely only started after you gave incorrect advice to someone voiding said experience, and you didn't like being challenged.

It's funny how many of the people complaining about the attitude of others being "know it alls who want to be right" are those who got upset because... they were pointed wrong.
Then they want to make their own forum so they can be sure they'll always be "right"... and are "up the food chain", and above "low-life punks"... yeah right. You're more lousy than anyone you've accused here.

Last edited:
And this thread deserves yet another long sigh and a.... YEEEEESSSSHHHHH.....

I think its great that ALL opinions are allowed here, with light moderation.Too many forums are so "sterilized" that they are more like a textbook that a community.
THANK YOU to all the admin and mods here for that! Take a bow ladies and gentlemen! :D

Sorry for the Kingsman reference for those who never saw the film, but it appears to apply. As this may be the last post I make to these unmoderated and often unreadable forums before deleting this app, let me simply say many users need to learn courtesy, manners, and remove the toxic bullying abuse from their posts. I'm sick of the high and mighty know it all ( mod removed ) that can't enter a comment without methodically putting everyone else down. Tone, language, and courtesy are the hallmark of any civilization. I am a university professor and no one can berate or abuse others in forum posts in moderated academic settings. I'm also a broadcast journalist and in a TV or radio station's online forums you will be deleted if posts become abusive. There is no freedom of speech guarantee unless you are writing on your OWN website so don't start abusing me on that score my USA readers.

Where did an entire generation go so wrong in learning how to avoid being a social butt crack? I'm done lecturing . I'm done with reading abusive manner-free posts. I'm done with know-it-all punks of any age that don't read pertinent information in a post before putting down everyone who offers useful information and spouting derisive language and meaningless knowledge that often has no connection to the original post. Life is short. These inconsiderate punks may inherit the earth but God help them for the quality of life and human associations they will never know.

A new MAVIC forum that IS moderated will be started. Offensive or bullying language WILL be deleted along with accounts of offenders. Actual assistance will be offered. Encouragement for the sport will be enthusiastic and free of abuse. Bullys beware. There are still some of us willing to stand up to you... even here.
I agree that there are treads that dive off track and get childish, but for the most part, the information and support provided surpasses the bozo posts, sorry to see you chased away. I assume that the volunteer admins have day jobs that interfere with baby-sitting, so I do not think that they are at fault( you never said they were).

I think its great that ALL opinions are allowed here, with light moderation.Too many forums are so "sterilized" that they are more like a textbook that a community.
THANK YOU to all the admin and mods here for that! Take a bow ladies and gentlemen! :D
And with that statement ac0j there are a bunch of members going
ms-2iv1qi.gif ;)

I assume that the volunteer admins have day jobs that interfere with baby-sitting, so I do not think that they are at fault( you never said they were).
Nobody is perfect and I for one are retired but really where I think a lot of this could be slowed up is if
everyone RTFG .
Sorry but couldn't stand not throwing that out here .
:)

While I appreciate and hear what you are saying, the reality of the situation is that this forum, like most forums, is a microcosm of the world we live in. There will always be those who abuse and bully and try to intimidate others. That's life in the big pond, so to speak. I am surprised that you have reached your conclusion after having only been a member here for about 6 weeks with very few postings attributed to you. You may consider looking past the "bullies" and realize the great value and good information that can be found on this forum.
I personally feel the positive greatly outweighs the the negative.
But obviously, the choice is yours to make. :rolleyes:

Ok, so why you got to bully me? Just because you've been here longer than me? Just because you have more posts makes you think your opinion is better than mine? Nowhere in my post did I say berating was acceptable. I only tried to suggest to maybe, take it with a grain of salt. If you talk to a thousand people on the street, do you think they're all going to be nice and not call you an idiot?

Ha! It's all the same, see? Ive been on many forums, politics are the worse! It's all good! Can't you feel the love? It's in the air! We are surrounded by it! All the best to all of you!

I did but I know people .
face-yellow-loop-59.emoji.png

Quote: "These inconsiderate punks may inherit the earth but God help them for the quality of life and human associations they will never know."
Classy. Name-calling; calling for divine intervention; making assumptions about someone's quality of life based on reading a line on the net... 'glad I wasn't in any of your classes if that's how you react to life.
Great way to demonstrate what you don't like others doing... by doing it yourself. Perhaps you could download the internet and read it offline so you avoid the temptation to explore your instant outrage?

I don’t know where it was stated that someone ‘had their feelings hurt’. Nor do I know of anyone who posts here who isn’t posting ‘personally’. It’s not helpful to paraphrase a statement incorrectly.

What the OP was clearly lamenting is the lack of manners in here. The urge to condemn and belittle seems stronger to some in here. The OP is saying this forum was s serving no purpose if it is hijacked by those who seek to condemn rather than help.

By displaying a lack of manners himself... #fail

With few exceptions, i actually find this group to be a breath of fresh air because the time is relatively civil and on point, haha. Really.

Most of my time now is spent on the Mavic pro FB group, and the time there is routinely sadistic and belittling, and worse because threads scroll by so quickly.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
With few exceptions, i actually find this group to be a breath of fresh air because the time is relatively civil and on point, haha. Really.

Most of my time now is spent on the Mavic pro FB group, and the time there is routinely sadistic and belittling, and worse because threads scroll by so quickly.

Exactly!...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78