DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual Panos for the M3 Brain Child.

Chris
I've tried the demo or free version of PT Gui and had a lot of trouble. Can you recommend a good You Tube or other video source? I am using Mavic 2 Pro and when I generate the 24 image RAW I cannot process it in Photoshop.

Dale
Miami
Dale are you trying to do an equirectangular pano (flattened 360º) or a stereographic pano (little planet) in Photoshop? If so, I have never been able to process 360º panos properly in Photoshop in either RAW or JPEG format.

As far as a good YouTube video, I don't have one off-hand but PTGui do have some video tutorials that you may find helpful.

I had the basic version of PTGui for many years and about a year ago I upgraded to the Pro version. I found it expensive since photography is only a hobby for me and I do not sell or make any money from the photos I shoot but I do shoot a lot of panos and I found the upgrade to the pro version worth it for me.

One other thing about PTGui - I used to adjust my panos using image control points which I find a time consuming and tedious process and often got mixed results. Once I upgraded to the Pro version, I was blown away by how much better it stitched my panos just using the auto mode. There is an algorithm that finds the best stitch between images and it works surprisingly well. I only have to fix the odd stitching problem for panos that were shot on windy days on one of my 2 low end drones that don't hold their position in the wind as well as some of the newer ones.

When I was considering the upgrade to the pro version, I downloaded the demo and ran some of the panos I had stitched with the regular version through the pro version and then compared the results and that is what sold me on the upgrade to the pro version. It was worth it for me and I look forward to using it when I finally purchase a long overdue upgrade to a Mavic 3.

Chris

Your point is100% valid and if you don't mind the extra steps to eventually come back to the same place, albeit with the complete Mavic 3, then it's absolutely your perogative to do whatever you like. It's your money. I sense a relationship to your forum name, lol. While the folks in sales at DJI will be appropriately miffed, especially if you bust thier nuts first, getva nice credit, and then return it, I'm pretty sure DJI as a whole won't be crying in their beer 🍺 😆

Your point is100% valid and if you don't mind the extra steps to eventually come back to the same place, albeit with the complete Mavic 3, then it's absolutely your perogative to do whatever you like. It's your money. I sense a relationship to your forum name, lol. While the folks in sales at DJI will be appropriately miffed, especially if you bust thier nuts first, getva nice credit, and then return it, I'm pretty sure DJI as a whole won't be crying in their beer 🍺 😆
lol, I bought via amazon for a reason! I fully admit I am salty but not venomous I love all you peeps that are as crazy as me to get into this hobby.

Sorry Dale, I know I sound a little salty. I also hold a grudge and am gona be sending it back to Amazon/DJI out of spite. Good chance I will pick it up again probably with that RC combo they were talking about. Point being, I wouldn't be if they had a core feature I use. I know I can make my own Pano's but really I want a return invoice to DJI for this drone they shipped prematurely and I don't want to be part of the #$# until its a fully fledged out product.
Venom

GOOD for you! Please do me a favor and let me know when YOU think they have gotten their act together with the capabilities you were expecting, and I will certainly sell my M2P and buy the M3. We have waited expectantly for years, why not wait a little bit longer until DJI finally gets it all together?

Dale

Thanks for that-I'll put it down on my pro/con list as a pro vote. Still thinking about that M3. I think there was supposed to be another January firmware update for panorama, right? Or what else- anyone?
go for it! you won't be sorry. It is an amazing piece of technology. I smile every time I fly it. I've had no disconnects, or any other problems. If you enjoy your Mavic 2 pro, you will really love the Mavic 3. I have the cine version. Yes, on the first battery it takes a couple of minutes to warm up and acquire the necessary satelilites to update the home position. I turn the drone on first thing and by the time I'm ready to fly, it's connected. Every battery after that will lock almost immediately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett