DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manually Shooting a Six Panel Pano Shooting Straight Down

So just do a 360 pano and delete the photos that are out of the frame you want or as as @Meta4 said just do it manually and know that more photos is better, try to get like 90% overlap and then you can’t miss.

As to why the pano function is different on the M2 and M1 I don’t know. I personally don’t remember it being about to auto pano with the center straight down but I could be wrong.
Your workaround is exactly what he wants. He only needs a 3x3 panorama with the center straight down. A 25 photo 360° Pano certainly includes those images.

It appears that the Mavic Pro 3x3 pano algorithm center was based upon the starting orientation and elevation of the gimbal, rather than the current default of a horizontal elevation. Hence the issue.

Is this a situation where 6-12 photos would easily capture the entire scene but would not stitch because of perspective shift but 300 photos minimize the shift with tons of overlaps? 300 photos into 1 is certainly not practical unless you're getting paid a fortune per photo.
That was not a simple panorama, it's an orthophoto mosaic.
I used a mapping app to plan the flight, fly the mission and capture the images automatically.
For mapping you need a 70% (or more) front and side lap.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut