DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manually took off and had no control of drone

ljs1998

Reactions
To be honest, I literally have no idea what happened with my drone today. I adjusted a few things, recalibrated the controller and compass, and when I pressed the controller buttons inwards to start it, it did not start. I always knew there was a manual take off as well, so I tried that. It immediately was going up and I had no control over it via remote control - the remote controller did not work. Did I have it in the wrong mode or? I immediately clicked for it to land on my phone screen and it crashed into a tree. Can someone tell me what I did wrong?

Most common is taking off before the drone GPS is locked, before the Homepoint is set.

Controls inward and down is the manual launch. The autolaunch is using the UI. When the drone launches without GPS, especially when the light isn't good and the downwards sensors can't see, the drone is basically free to run with the wind because it has no references to stick to.

Post your flight log to let folks help more. How to do this is in this thread.

The CSC position is both sticks towards you and either both in or both out, if taken literally both sticks just in will not do it.

Attachments

• CSC.png
    CSC.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 28
Can someone tell me what I did wrong?
They might if you can post the recorded data from the incident.
To do that, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147