DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping applications for Air yet?

Reactions
Looking to do some Enhanced mapping using the Mavic air. I see lots of apps that work with the Mavic pro, but has anyone seen one yet that works with the air? I’m assuming it will only be a matter of time.

Aero Ranger, drone harmony, djiflightplanner, litchi, hanger auto pilot and Planner for DJI Drones (Mavic,Phantom 3&4,Inspire)

Enhanced mapping using the Mavic air.
Be aware that the Mavic AIR only writes coordinates up to an arc second to the EXIF part of an image.
I.e: GPS Latitude: 49 deg 28' 45.00" N - GPS Longitude: 12 deg 51' 41.00" E
The part after the decimal point is always .00

That means you have, depending on your location, (lat/long) only a resolution of approximately 30m / 98 ft. (worst case) in your EXIF data.

That is not sufficient for mapping missions.

I don't think so. In using the litchi app to plan Waypoint missions, each way point is labeled with GPS coordinates. The coordinates included *6* decimal places (all non zero)

This is my GPS from a photo I took earlier.

53°35'21" N 0°41'51" W

The coordinates included *6* decimal places (all non zero)
Just look at the EXIF data of an image.
These data are different as the GPS used for navigation, i.e. waypoints.

To summarize in short:
- EXIF GPS only up to 1 arc second
- Navigation GPS higher precision (6 decimal places)

This is my GPS from a photo I took earlier.

53°35'21" N 0°41'51" W
GPS can be expressed as degrees, minutes and seconds. As u have. Or just as accurate is the GPS format called decimal degrees. Yours translates to 53.5891667 degrees latitude and 0.69750000 degrees longitude

The litchi app gives the GPS coordinates of a Waypoint near my home as 40.15764261 lattitude and - 111.59576721 longitude.

There is no truncating aa u said there was, no "00" after a certain point. Clearly, the MA has the ability, and uses it at least in the litchi app, to utilize ALL GPS data.

Do yourself a favor. Stop stating your opinions as facts. U might actually help move a thread forward instead of bogging it down when others are forced to correct you, lest others follow u into greater confusion and ignorance.

Wow that escalated quickly. Play nice guys there are plenty of more important things to get worked up over in life.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DanManNYC