DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping applications for Air yet?

Reactions
Looking to do some Enhanced mapping using the Mavic air. I see lots of apps that work with the Mavic pro, but has anyone seen one yet that works with the air? I’m assuming it will only be a matter of time.

Aero Ranger, drone harmony, djiflightplanner, litchi, hanger auto pilot and Planner for DJI Drones (Mavic,Phantom 3&4,Inspire)

Enhanced mapping using the Mavic air.
Be aware that the Mavic AIR only writes coordinates up to an arc second to the EXIF part of an image.
I.e: GPS Latitude: 49 deg 28' 45.00" N - GPS Longitude: 12 deg 51' 41.00" E
The part after the decimal point is always .00

That means you have, depending on your location, (lat/long) only a resolution of approximately 30m / 98 ft. (worst case) in your EXIF data.

That is not sufficient for mapping missions.

I don't think so. In using the litchi app to plan Waypoint missions, each way point is labeled with GPS coordinates. The coordinates included *6* decimal places (all non zero)

This is my GPS from a photo I took earlier.

53°35'21" N 0°41'51" W

The coordinates included *6* decimal places (all non zero)
Just look at the EXIF data of an image.
These data are different as the GPS used for navigation, i.e. waypoints.

To summarize in short:
- EXIF GPS only up to 1 arc second
- Navigation GPS higher precision (6 decimal places)

This is my GPS from a photo I took earlier.

53°35'21" N 0°41'51" W
GPS can be expressed as degrees, minutes and seconds. As u have. Or just as accurate is the GPS format called decimal degrees. Yours translates to 53.5891667 degrees latitude and 0.69750000 degrees longitude

The litchi app gives the GPS coordinates of a Waypoint near my home as 40.15764261 lattitude and - 111.59576721 longitude.

There is no truncating aa u said there was, no "00" after a certain point. Clearly, the MA has the ability, and uses it at least in the litchi app, to utilize ALL GPS data.

Do yourself a favor. Stop stating your opinions as facts. U might actually help move a thread forward instead of bogging it down when others are forced to correct you, lest others follow u into greater confusion and ignorance.

Wow that escalated quickly. Play nice guys there are plenty of more important things to get worked up over in life.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe