DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping with Mavic 2 pro?

bradyj13

Reactions
Does anyone know of any apps to use with the Mavic 2 pro for automating flights to take pictures for making aerial images. I have tried some work arounds that are supposed to work for drone deploy and pix4dcapture, but did not have any success with them. I have no idea if or when either of these apps will support the Mavic 2 pro so in the intrum I am looking for an alternative app to use.

Edit: I forgot to mention I use android os on the phone used for controlling my Mavic 2 pro

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any apps to use with the Mavic 2 pro for automating flights to take pictures for making aerial images. I have tried some work arounds that are supposed to work for drone deploy and pix4dcapture, but did not have any success with them. I have no idea if or when either of these apps will support the Mavic 2 pro so in the intrum I am looking for an alternative app to use.
Mavic 2 Pro Compatibility

Used this one with my P4 and has been way more stable, with more control over the flight than both drone deploy and pix4d: ‎Map Pilot for DJI

Also lets me plan out flights while disconnected from the drone, downloading the map tiles in preparation for flights at a later time away from internet access.

Updated yesterday to support the new drone. Only been able to run one mission so far but the app and the mavic performed really well. I had garbled camera view though, likely an issue with the SDK or the implementation of it; both DJI Go and Litchi show no issues on the live camera view. Zero issues with the pictures on the SD card.

How does this app work when the drone battery needs to be swapped mid mission? I am hoping you or someone else knows so I don't have to go fly for 25+ minutes to figure out how this works.

I didn't test it right now, but maybe soon.
If you see, that the area is to big for one battery, you can split in 50/50.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys