DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maps and waypoints issue

Greg Hay

Reactions
Newbie alert. I have been visually plotting courses of complex flights from supplied KMZ files. Been all good until today when I zoomed in on the satellite view only to find the area obscured by cloud. If I can't pinch in to see the topography I can't plot my course from referring to the KMZ. Is there a way to either get a new, cleaner satellite map to use or better yet import the (removed by moderator) KMZ itself? Could really use a hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newbie alert. I have been visually plotting courses of complex flights from supplied KMZ files. Been all good until today when I zoomed in on the satellite view only to find the area obscured by cloud.
If you are using Google Earth, you can look at imagery from other dates to find a better one.
i-JBqxx4H-X2.jpg

Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Welcome to the forum. You will find helpful advice and support here. We look forward to your participation and seeing your part of the world.

Newbie alert. I have been visually plotting courses of complex flights from supplied KMZ files. Been all good until today when I zoomed in on the satellite view only to find the area obscured by cloud. If I can't pinch in to see the topography I can't plot my course from referring to the KMZ. Is there a way to either get a new, cleaner satellite map to use or better yet import the (removed by moderator) KMZ itself? Could really use a hand.

You can use MOBAC to download a USGS TOPO of your area and convert it to a KMZ. That then becomes a layer which you can easily enable/disable from GEP and see altitude heights. That's what I do.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d