DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marine debris images

JudiA

Reactions
Hello
I am a student doing research on ML models for marine debris detection. I urgently need some high resolution imagery of marine debris on beaches / water / rivers.... If anyone has such imagery they would be willing to let me use please get in touch!
Thank you in advance!

Judi

When do you need it by? May be able to get some of a local river this weekend. What type of debris? Trash, or washed up natural debris?

When do you need it by? May be able to get some of a local river this weekend. What type of debris? Trash, or washed up natural debris?
Hi Xitor. Thank you for your response. I need to acquire the data buy Tuesday March the 19th at the latest. I am looking for plastics, styrofoam and non natural debris.

Where do you need drone / marine pics sent? Do you have dropbox, onedrive, etc. link, or just email? I've also reached out to a couple other drone groups on Facebook.

Last edited:
Hello
I am a student doing research on ML models for marine debris detection. I urgently need some high resolution imagery of marine debris on beaches / water / rivers.... If anyone has such imagery they would be willing to let me use please get in touch!
Thank you in advance!

Judi
Any specific area/continent?
Where do I send them?

Also, what altitude? I was going to shoot max allowed by local airspace 400, then perhaps 200 and 100.

Hello
Thank you in advance!

Judi
Hi Judi! My coworker and I have also been working on creating ML marine debris models, specifically for detecting derelict vessels after hurricanes. I would love to connect with you. We have a lot of post-storm debris imagery, UAS and satellite. I'll send you a message!
-Jennifer

Reactions: Intrceptor
Just following up. I know you said you needed images by March 19 but I’m still interested in your research and discussing marine debris. DM me your email if you are interested.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J