DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marking your Drone

LowCountryFlyer

Reactions
I just purchased a DJI Mavic 2 Pro and am considering what to do as to placing the FAA required Registration Certificate Number on the aircraft. It seems like a lot of people use printed stickers to do this with. I have also considered having the airframe laser engraved with the number. While this does look a bit sharper than using stickers, it is permanent and potentially could burn or damage the airframe. Does anybody have any suggestions here? I want to be real sure of the path to take before I do it and/or make a permanent mark on my Mavic.

Just use a cheap label maker and stick it on the back of the rear legs.
I wouldn't do anything permanent in case you want to sell it. And labels will come off without residue in case you forget to re register and the num changes

Reactions: Mossiback
Sorry to sound ignorant, is this a local or federal requirement?

Do all aircraft need this numbering or just for certain uses?

I live in South Florida and am not near an Airport.

Reactions: BigAl07
Sorry to sound ignorant, is this a local or federal requirement?

Do all aircraft need this numbering or just for certain uses?

I live in South Florida and am not near an Airport.

No need for sorry and you're not ignorant. These rules aren't "2nd nature" and we all had to learn them one by one.

Start by researching here:
FAADroneZone

As far as marking here is a good graphic to reference:
FAA_Drone_Labeling_April2019.png

Like mentioned above also add your phone number and address because if someone finds it they won't be able to return it using your FAA registration number unless it is an "N" number because there's no public database available on the "F" series of numbers. Without your address or phone number you'd be depending on the honest finder to turn it in to the police or an FAA office that has the authority to get the registration details from the FAA database. They are very busy and you might not hear from them for months if ever... This might be a reluctance of the finder in some instances vs the ease of calling. I also added "reward if found/returned" as an incentive.

Depends on how fast your internet speed is and your typing skills. Simple

Reactions: Former Member
Like mentioned above also add your phone number and address because if someone finds it they won't be able to return it using your FAA registration number unless it is an "N" number because there's no public database available on the "F" series of numbers. Without your address or phone number you'd be depending on the honest finder to turn it in to the police or an FAA office that has the authority to get the registration details from the FAA database. They are very busy and you might not hear from them for months if ever... This might be a reluctance of the finder in some instances vs the ease of calling. I also added "reward if found/returned" as an incentive.

I've helped get lost drones to their rightful owner here locally and it took a total of 3 days from the day LEA was involved until the rightful owner was contacted. This included the 10 minute wait time for the FAA to look up and give us the owner's contact information.

Of course you're at the discretion of local LEA but unless they are REALLY busy it only takes a few minutes of their time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec