DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maryland Mavic Mini Pilot- Soon to be

Jeff 240 LTS

Reactions
After many, many searches and yt videos I decided on the Mavic Mini. It was going to be the Mavic Pro 2 ($$$) but that may come later.
There is a thread on The Hull Truth discussing all things drone related ... Official: Quadcopter, Drone, (w/video) Q+A thead. - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum ... and this forum was recommended.
First simple question (I hope) where to purchase the MM?
I like brick and mortar stores to be able to pick it up and go but if there is an advantage to buying it online, customer service, insurance, etc. then that is the way I will go.
I've looked at Amazon, B+H Photo, DJI, Cloud City, Best Buy and others. Some have them listed as back-ordered.
Maybe through this forum if that is even a thing since I just joined?
Some youtubers have links to go through them.
Anyway, I will be using it as a tool typically close by on a boat when fishing searching for structure, cover, grass lines, etc. instead of running all around in the boat searching.
I am in commercial construction so I may use it there also when the situation fits.
Thank you,
Jeff

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

After reading a bunch more reviews and searching, searching, searching, I purchased it from Amazon.
I believe I'll get the Care refresh from DJI.
Two replacements even if it is in the water. Yes, I have to be able to recover it.
ETA is Monday.

.MM.00.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from Frederick Md. Good luck with your purchase. [emoji16]
After many, many searches and yt videos I decided on the Mavic Mini. It was going to be the Mavic Pro 2 ($$$) but that may come later.
There is a thread on The Hull Truth discussing all things drone related ... Official: Quadcopter, Drone, (w/video) Q+A thead. - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum ... and this forum was recommended.
I like brick and mortar stores to be able to pick it up and go but if there is an advantage to buying it online, customer service, insurance, etc. then that is the way I will go.
I've looked at Amazon, B+H Photo, DJI, Cloud City, Best Buy and others. Some have them listed as back-ordered.
Anyway, I will be using it as a tool typically close by on a boat when fishing searching for structure, cover, grass lines, etc. instead of running all around in the boat searching.
I am in commercial construction so I may use it there also when the situation fits.
Thank you,
Jeff

Reactions: Thomas B
Missed UPS on Friday so they took it to a pick up location near me. Got it today. Charged up the controler and the 3 batteries.
The back pack looks better than expected. Will fly it this week.

Attachments

• MM.00.JPG
    MM.00.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 4
Thank you,
Jeff
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder