DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAS causing my mini 2 to go into payload mode?

Dannyslam

Reactions
Ever since installing the MAS set on my mini 2 the initial power up and launch starts in payload mode and then with every battery change after. I've noticed some other strange behavior too like fish bowling at low altitude which stopped a few seconds after. Anyone have any ideas?

@Dannyslam ,i believe that it to do with the props running at a different speed to the original OEM ones
its to do with the feedback loop between the ESC s and the IMU because it detects a difference ,between the resistance from the props ,in relation to the speed that is required to provide enough lift to keep the drone airborne for a given prop speed
it has nothing to do with the actual weight of the props or any additional things such as the Prop guards ,the drone does not have a set of scales on board ,

Reactions: LoudThunder
Ever since installing the MAS set on my mini 2 the initial power up and launch starts in payload mode and then with every battery change after. I've noticed some other strange behavior too like fish bowling at low altitude which stopped a few seconds after. Anyone have any ideas?
"MAS set" ?

installing the MAS set on my mini 2

I was curious too about the reference to "installing the MAS set on my mini 2" so I Googled "MAS Set" and came up with this web site to Master Airscrew

They certainly sell some Colorful Propellers… and they make some very specific claims: Quieter (Stealth…), More efficient (Power Reduction…), Longer Flight Time (From Efficiency…), Better agility, More Speed, Less Weight, Improved Safety, and 100% Compatibility…

Your references to your Mini 2's strange behavior seem to tell a different story concerning the 100% Compatibility claim…

Additionally, I find it incongruous that they calm "Stealth" yet brag about the Vibrant Color options for Better Visibility… When I think of Stealth, I imagine a Ninja traveling "imperceptibly," but I cannot imagine a Ninja wearing Flaming Red or International Orange being very Surreptitious in Sunburst Yellow…

I recommend you contact Master Airscrew about their Refund Policy…

PS: What do you mean by "fish bowling at low altitude?" I cannot find any reference to this relative to flying; plenty of references to: Group Discussions, Car Windows, Smoking Pot in an Enclosed Space, etc…

I was curious too about the reference to "installing the MAS set on my mini 2" so I Googled "MAS Set" and came up with this web site to Master Airscrew

They certainly sell some Colorful Propellers… and they make some very specific claims: Quieter (Stealth…), More efficient (Power Reduction…), Longer Flight Time (From Efficiency…), Better agility, More Speed, Less Weight, Improved Safety, and 100% Compatibility…

Your references to your Mini 2's strange behavior seem to tell a different story concerning the 100% Compatibility claim…

Additionally, I find it incongruous that they calm "Stealth" yet brag about the Vibrant Color options for Better Visibility… When I think of Stealth, I imagine a Ninja traveling "imperceptibly," but I cannot imagine a Ninja wearing Flaming Red or International Orange being very Surreptitious in Sunburst Yellow…

I recommend you contact Master Airscrew about their Refund Policy…

PS: What do you mean by "fish bowling at low altitude?" I cannot find any reference to this relative to flying; plenty of references to: Group Discussions, Car Windows, Smoking Pot in an Enclosed Space, etc…
I've never used MAS propellers on my Mini 2 but many forum members use them. Here you have some threads about MAS and Mini 2

Reactions: LoudThunder
I was wondering about that too...

It may be the same or similar to what rc helicopter pilots call "TBE" or "Toilet Bowl Effect" where, instead of a steady hover with no or minimal control inputs, the craft maintains yaw heading but seems to 'orbit" a point in space. Generally caused by some imbalance or imperfect setup.
OP may be referring to something else but that's what I thought of.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
It may be the same or similar to what rc helicopter pilots call "TBE" or "Toilet Bowl Effect" where, instead of a steady hover with no or minimal control inputs, the craft maintains yaw heading but seems to 'orbit" a point in space. Generally caused by some imbalance or imperfect setup.
OP may be referring to something else but that's what I thought of.
My Holy Stone HS110D does that, but none of my DJI drones have ever done that.

Generally caused by some imbalance or imperfect setup. OP may be referring to something else but that's what I thought of.

Sounds like an accelerometer issue. This piece of firmware give the drone it's orientation along the Z-axis… Lets the unit know if it's tipping… Also maybe an IMU issue, now I'm over my head… so I'll let the knowledgeable folk have the "talking stick…"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman