DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Massachusetts

im not sure on that, i been to many parks and had no issues, even prison camps and mdc property, i have scouted deer for hunters, not with mavic but my phantom 4, all i know is ask before you fly, i would like to fly spider gates, but near airport, and someone told me to just call tower operations and tell them how high and where your flying and you might be surprised,

Attleboro checking in. WWW.TreeLineView.Com Fly on the cape all summer long. I have some great town landigs that you can launch and fly over NPS to video white sharks if you dare....
Here is a video from last Orleans

Charts show no flying over the NPS areas - or at least not under 2,000 feet. We have the same problem with Fed. Refuges in RI where I am. I just find other places...

I am going to fly my new Mavic in Quincy, there is a park and I think will be fine fly over there

I flew a few weeks ago up at Halibut State Park with no issue, but the ranger station was closed for the season. Any suggestions for some good practice spaces in Eastern Mass for beginners? What I really need is a good open field to get the hang of all the settings.

My Fly More package arrived yesterday.
Somerville. Once I get a little better, will be looking forward to getting together with fellow pilots.

I flew a few weeks ago up at Halibut State Park with no issue, but the ranger station was closed for the season. Any suggestions for some good practice spaces in Eastern Mass for beginners? What I really need is a good open field to get the hang of all the settings.
I am in the Danvers area a few days every week. Limited flying because of Beverly Airport. Looking for places in the area. Halibut SP sounds good. Anywhere else? I am not very familiar with the area.

I'm in the Malden area and I'm looking to pick up a Mavic. I have a 10% coupon for Best Buy so that Mavic is looking good for that price. Too bad they don't have the Fly More combo in stock.

But I am just looking over the rules of flying a drone and it seems pretty clear cut, just ask and call airport towers and give them where your flying, time frame, and estimate height and distance.

Interested!
Sadly only the 2nd or 4th weekends work for me.
Ideas for location?

Possibly. Will be moving from NH to Boston in July so I will be around. Have logged a good bit of stick time since I got mine in November!

Great! Where you from?
I live in Revere, inside the 5 mile radius of Logan, I work in Lowell. I'd love to fly after work but Lowell is a National Park so it's not legal and I haven't really found any places that are on my way home.

If anyone wants to join, Abhi and I will be meeting up tomorrow (7/8/17) afternoon in the park by Fresh Pond in Cambridge.

Greetings all... Another Mavic owner from Cape Cod (Yarmouth area)... Been flying lots of spots down here but it will be a little better in the fall after the tourists have gone.

Let me know if you need any recommendations. Throw your Mavic in the car and explore the Cape!

Reactions: TheOneDR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7