DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew propellers... I just tested them

All other qestions aside, a2dB difference is large. I’m a stereo freak too and from work there I learned that perceive volume of any sound frequency generally doubles every 3dB for any individual based on the energy of the sound.

I don’t fly in sport mode much either, but would note that while the warning regarding power only came up in SM, the props must stress the system in all modes albeit below whatever the warnings trigger is.
Actually this is a VERY common misconception in the audiophile community.

2dB in measured SPL increase is only a 15% increase in the perceived loudness.

You need a 6-10 dB increase in SPL to seem twice as loud.

In my opinion it is waste of money and high risk to kill motors. You can fly with high pitch, but cannot with broken motors.
I agree- however to be fair it seems there aren't a lot of reports (I am not aware of any) of motors or ESC failing.

The reality is the motor windings and inverter mosfets are up to the task of driving the props, the errors are simply the FC seeing out of expected range values as a consequence.

I've been using them for close to 2 yrs on mavic 1 they are very good props. Easy decision either try them or not but why say they're not good. Way to many people using them for some reason and all are happy, go figure.

Actually this is a VERY common misconception in the audiophile community.

2dB in measured SPL increase is only a 15% increase in the perceived loudness.

You need a 6-10 dB increase in SPL to seem twice as loud.
You are correct... increase of 3dB doubles sound pressure (energy) while it take a 6 or so dB increase your double the perceived volume to a listener

You are correct... increase of 3dB doubles sound pressure (energy) while it take a 6 or so dB increase your double the perceived volume to a listener
I have these conversations almost daily and have for many years. Explaining things to clients when they have been given a different spin by a component marketing department can be a challenge.

I guess the most important thing here is that a basic SPL measurement isn’t particularly useful in ascertaining the change in perceived annoyance factor from any prop choices we may have available to us. It isn’t and can’t be that simple unfortunately.

Had them for about a year now with the Mavic Air. Still love them. Use them on my Spark and also just started using them on the M2P.

Reactions: scoble08
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife