DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

master airscrew propellers for Air 3?

@Jimmyk ,with regards to MAS props offering an increased flight time ,in reality the difference ,would be so small as to be insignificant ,i am not saying for one minute, that in controlled conditions, the claims made by MAS for increased flight time are possible ,but in real world conditions ,there are so many other factors ,contributing to possible flight time
its really a personal choice whether or not you use MAS props or not

@Jimmyk ,with regards to MAS props offering an increased flight time ,in reality the difference ,would be so small as to be insignificant ,i am not saying for one minute, that in controlled conditions, the claims made by MAS for increased flight time are possible ,but in real world conditions ,there are so many other factors ,contributing to possible flight time
its really a personal choice whether or not you use MAS props or not
Yep, that makes sense. It could be impossible to really tell in real flight.
Should get myself a set and see how it goes.

Reactions: twickers14
My friend and I each have a Air 3. He purchased the MAS props for his and flying side by side we think that the original props are quieter. We raced them across the Ohio river (about 1 mile) and didn't see any difference in the speed.

Agree with the above. I have them on my MA2 and apart from being red noticed no difference! Have stuck with them though.

Reactions: careless
Master airscrew propellers for Air 3 - Have anybody tried them already?
I'm looking for flight time in this case
Thanks
I tried them a while back on my Air2S and found that the props were too long. They wound up cutting small notches into the drone (now they fit). It’s likely that the issue has been sorted for the newer drones.

Overall I’d say that the Master Airscrew props are a good upgrade. They’re a little quieter and they improve the flight characteristics of the drone (less prop wash).

I have purchased them and the only noticeable difference is the color. I bought the red ones :)

Even MAS claimed estimates for increased flight time are in the 5% range from mildly increased efficiency. That's a minute at most on a 20 minute flight. The frequency of the noise pitch is also slightly lower, which may make them seem quieter.

The biggest difference is in the plastic used for the stiffer props. The MAS props are more rigid and fragile, and more likely to shatter in any prop impact from inadvertent tree trimming or striking any hard object, resulting in an immediate crash, rather than a recovery and a limped flight back home on damaged but still airworthy DJI props that bend, scratch, and chip, but keep on ticking!

DJI props for durability. MAS for color. Choose your priority.

Reactions: rp6
I think back in the day for drones like the mavic air 1, the difference was quite large. But I think DJI has come along with their props. That MAS are now that that different.

You’ve received some really good information above and let me add, I run MAS on my Air2S and the only difference I noticed was a SLIGHTLY less annoying sound. This is worth the difference in cost for me.
Just want to confirm that these do offer that lower pitch , as that is the only reason why I get them for my drones. ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in the Rain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope