DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Much difference between Mini 3 and Mini 4 Pro propellers?

Just resurrecting this thread as I've just received new props for my mini 3 pro/ mini 4 pro from Amazon and whilst the props look the same for mini 3 pro and mini 4 pro as others have said the screws aren't. The m3 pro ones look slightly longer and have a thinner shoulder than the m4 pro that are included in the package. The difference is minute and needs a magnifying glass to see.

I'm assuming that I should send them back and stick to the proper props and screws. If so, is DJI the only firm I can trust to get what I need, please?
Link to what was purchased?

There may well be two types of screw included, as I understand things the actual propeller blades are identical across the Mini 3, the Mini 3 Pro and the Mini 4 Pro but the screwsused with the Mini 3 are different because they have a different motor top.
The Pros have a boss on the top of the motor and the Mini 3 doesn't, so the mini 3 screws have a shoulder whereas the pro screws do not.

Reactions: ladyc
There may well be two types of screw included, as I understand things the actual propeller blades are identical across the Mini 3, the Mini 3 Pro and the Mini 4 Pro but the screwsused with the Mini 3 are different because they have a different motor top.
The Pros have a boss on the top of the motor and the Mini 3 doesn't, so the mini 3 screws have a shoulder whereas the pro screws do not.
Just double checked the screws in the replacement pack and all the new ones have a deeper shoulder than my old ones so I assume they are the ones that fit the mini 4 pro. and aren't suitable for my mini 3 pro. Back to Amazon they go then.
That leaves me with my question, do I have to buy from DJI to ensure that I get the correct screws for my drone please?

I have used heliguy before for some stuff but I think I bought props direct from DJI.
As far as I know it is either the screws have a shoulder or they do not, there are not two distinct depths of shoulder.
When I said the are almost certainly not DJI blades I am going by the price and quantity, DJI and their agents charge £9 or there abouts for 8 blades. Your's are about 60% of that.

is DJI the only firm I can trust
Depends on whether you require DJI brand props or aftermarket. Any props purchased from a source other than DJI can very well be non-oem product.
When shopping eBay or Amazon, I always look for the brand name prior to clicking the buy button. There are places selling DJI props besides directly from DJI but you need to be sure the brand name says DJI.

@ladyc either source them direct from DJI ,or one of the recognised suppliers in the UK the ones you have are certainly not genuine

Last edited:
@ladyc either source them direct from DJI ,or one of the recognised suppliers in the UK the ones you have are certainly not genuine
Thanks for your advice @old man mavic I came to that conclusion. As I said earlier, I've ordered some from the well known photography firm that I bought the drone from. I feel easier now that I have other members' thoughts on the matter.

Reactions: old man mavic
There are places selling DJI props besides directly from DJI but you need to be sure the brand name says DJI.
MASTER AIRSCREW propellers do not have DJI markings, but they are better than the original ones 🤔

MASTER AIRSCREW propellers do not have DJI markings, but they are better than the original ones 🤔
That's interesting, why do you feel they are better@Slawaw
As a matter of clarification, see enclosed pic of the screw from my M3pro. The shoulders of ones that came with the replacement ones are twice as deep. As I said earlier the difference is difficult to see by eye but clear when put under a magnifying glass. screw.jpg

There is such a thing - the reputation of the manufacturer. It takes a long time to build it and carefully. Master Airscrew performed perfectly in several respects on my non-military drones - reliability, low noise, durability against accidental contact with trees. But the most important thing is the extra minutes of flight. There is also a minus - the cost.

I don’t know anything about the propellers you bought, they may be good, but the manufacturer has no reputation.

Reactions: ladyc
There is such a thing - the reputation of the manufacturer. It takes a long time to build it and carefully. Master Airscrew performed perfectly in several respects on my non-military drones - reliability, low noise, durability against accidental contact with trees. But the most important thing is the extra minutes of flight. There is also a minus - the cost.

I don’t know anything about the propellers you bought, they may be good, but the manufacturer has no reputation.
Thank you for an interesting answer. I agree that it does take time to build a good reputation and when achieved it takes attention to detail to maintain.

@Slawaw ,really you should not use terms like better (see post#31)
or is that just your opinion,terms like equal to, or as good as ,would have been more appropriate
the OE props have been produced by the company that made the drone ,to comply with the particular versions, specific requirments over a wide range of flight situations ,such as the temperature, flight mode, enviromental considerations ,and overall ability of said propellors
props, and indeed batteries ,are the two most vital components ,contributing to the drones ability to stay airborne,they are also a consumable item ,with a limited lifespan ,but how we as users take the time and trouble ,to regularly check them ,and care for them, can make a huge difference to that lifespan

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
So you deny the existence of manufacturers who significantly improve standard products?
Analogy with cars. Standard Volkswagen Golf - we install components from third-party manufacturers and it becomes faster and more reliable.
Standard propellers and batteries are designed for the average standard user. Even my batteries are better and more reliable than DJI batteries. The concept of “better” can be measured in specific numbers. In minutes in the air, in the number of life cycles. But you have the right to have your opinion and fly with standard components. Good, but not the best.

That's interesting, why do you feel they are better@Slawaw
As a matter of clarification, see enclosed pic of the screw from my M3pro. The shoulders of ones that came with the replacement ones are twice as deep. As I said earlier the difference is difficult to see by eye but clear when put under a magnifying glass.
These are the shouldered screws of the mini 3
screws with a deeper head are not necessarily a bad thing in the mini 3 pro etc. the original screws had a reputation for the head shearing off the thread and deeper heads maybe the solution.
DJI may have redesigned the screw with deeper heads.

@Slawaw ,you have to some extent ,changed the playing field, and hijacked this thread,in your post #36 above
its is not about fitting ,so called performance enhancing features to the drone ,but the op asked if the props he had purchased were suitable for his particular drone
each of us are free to do whatever we wish ,with our own drone ,but read the OP s post to give advice on the question being asked
using the analogy of vehicles, is not really pertinant to the subject matter in this thread ,for one thing they dont actually fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman