DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Much difference between Mini 3 and Mini 4 Pro propellers?

Sorry did you install Mini 3 propellers or Mini 3 Pro propellers?

Ok for the latter, not ok for the former.

The blades of the mini 3 and Mini 3 pro and Mini 4 pro are, as far as I know, identical.
However the screws of the Mini 3 & Mini 3 pro differ. I believe DJI packs include both types of screw.

I don't know which screws the Mini 4 Pro uses but would guess they use the mini 3 screws with shoulders, it would be useful it someone would confirm or refute that guess.

That a surprise, any problem with the cross slot rounding out or the screw head shearing off?
Not yet, seems I should be using a ph000 bit from my electronics repair kit rather than the supplied screwdriver on those screws as some users seem to strip the phillips head

@JeremyB any props from the Mini 3, Mini 3pro ,will fit the Mini 4 pro as others have said they are all identical ,the only difference is how they are attached to the motors ,the Mini 3 uses the same motors as the Mini 2, and the screw that holds them onto the motor ,actually forms the pivot post as well
the Mini 3 pro has the pivot post attached to the motor ,and the screw just forms a barrier to keep the prop on the post
the Mini 4 pro has the same prop attachment method

Reactions: Bandit1
@Yorkshire_Pud its not possible to use the Mini 3 props on the Mini 2 why ,because of design of the arms of the Mini 2 ,are different to those of the Mini 3 varients and the props contact the body of the drone if they are used ,although they look similar ,when it comes to the motors, used in the DJI range of Mini drones ,then apart from those used in the original MM , from the Mini 2 onwards ,i suspect that in reality, they all use the same motors ,the difference only being the top bell, and how the props are attached to it

Attachments

• IMG20230202171044.jpg
    IMG20230202171044.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
  • SGCAM_20230201_163343253.jpg
    SGCAM_20230201_163343253.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • SGCAM_20230201_160607236.jpg
    SGCAM_20230201_160607236.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
I use Mini 3 propellers on Mini 2. Previously I used Mini 2 engines, now I have installed Air1 engines. In any case, Mini 3 propellers are preferable.
I don't know what drone those propellers are from but they are NOT from a mini 3.
All "Mini" propellers are supplied as a pair of loose blades unconnected to each other via a central hub.

I don't know what drone those propellers are from but they are NOT from a mini 3.
All "Mini" propellers are supplied as a pair of loose blades unconnected to each other via a central hub.
Propellers from Mini 3. Central hub from Spark. To install propellers on Air1 engines. You wrote about the impossibility of installation, I clarify that it is possible. If the hands grow from the right place.

Are you saying that you dismantled the central hub of a spark propeller, fitted Mini 3 blades to that hub, reassembled and re-riveted the hub?
If so, well done, but that hardly counts as fitting Mini 3 blades straight onto the motors of a Mini 2 and the latter is what my 'question' of post 9 related to.

Incidently it was OMM that said they couldn't be fitted.
I presume the reason your arrangement works is that the blades have been raised relative to the drone's body and therefore are above the drone's body when their tips pass through that space.

Last edited:
what has been done there, is a totally different thing to just putting Mini 3 props on a Mini 2,as has been said ,when i said they are not suitable ,i did not mention doing a motor swap, or mods to how they are attached

Reactions: solidhouse
Do you notice any difference in flight time using the Mini 3 propellers on the Mini 2?
Yes. The hovering flight time increased by two minutes, all conditions being equal. 3500 mAh battery on Mini2 propellers and engines was 38 minutes, on Mini 2 engines and Mini 3 propellers it was 40.5 minutes.

People, I published a photo with engines from Air 1. Don’t pay too much attention to this. The propellers work in the same way on regular Mini 2 motors. I just didn’t take a photo. To prevent the propellers from touching the drone body, I tilted the rear motors, it’s simple and elementary. But the fact is that propellers can be established :)

About three years ago I installed propellers from Mavic Air 2 on Air 1. There was interest. The Mavic Air stayed in the air, but it was very difficult for the engines. This kind of experimentation does not bother anyone, but it allows you to increase factory characteristics. This Mavic Air with other modifications flew at record distances, but large propellers did not help it.

Attachments

• IMG20210404233751_00.jpg
    IMG20210404233751_00.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
@Slawaw ,while i praise you ingenuity,and ability to change the motors on your drones and to modify how they fit ,unfortunately ,this does not change the fact ,that without doing the modifications ,such as you have done ,then the Mini 3 props on a Mini 2 drone will contact the main body of the drone ,if they are used

Just resurrecting this thread as I've just received new props for my mini 3 pro/ mini 4 pro from Amazon and whilst the props look the same for mini 3 pro and mini 4 pro as others have said the screws aren't. The m3 pro ones look slightly longer and have a thinner shoulder than the m4 pro that are included in the package. The difference is minute and needs a magnifying glass to see.

I'm assuming that I should send them back and stick to the proper props and screws. If so, is DJI the only firm I can trust to get what I need, please?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope