DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew propellers... I just tested them

To answer your question they open the DJIGO4 application and find the settings that need to be adjusted that are clearly referenced in the video. They then make small (not drastic) modifications to those settings. Fly thier Bird, Observe flight attributes.
Then repeat the process until they are satisfied with the resulting flight stability.

The process is the same for the Mavic Air as the app DJIGO is used to adjust the gain in the same manner for both models of drones.

Additionally the Master Air Screw props are increased in surface area as well as being longer for the Mavic Air just like they are for the Mavic Pro. So the same concept of adjusting gain settings applies.

Hey, I've got m. airscrew props for my Mavic air as well tested them yesterday and was really amazed and I didn't get the errors at all.i hoovered a few mins. then flew as usual with no issue. No adjustments at all.

Reactions: orca.skynet
Sounds pretty iffy; several DIY ad-hoc adjustments needed, and some speculation on if the MA can take the additional stress. Seems disappointing that the vendor of these did not describe and advise on this, and that makes it seem even more risky to me.
I bought some, but am waiting for more field experience reports to install them.

Some have to do the same with platinum props, master air has been building props for a long time, they know how to build quality blades. Your missing out by not using them.

Reactions: Horace G Hill Sr
They have nothing to address here, if you ? Get ahold of them no big deal.

Just got the Master Airscrew props for my MA Also, haven't flown yet, but was wondering if you have seen any tests of these props for the claim of increased flight time? From an energy/engineering standpoint it makes sense that if the props generate less noise then they might use less energy (equating noise generated to energy used) and give longer flight times?? Anyone ?

Got my set of Master Airscrew Friday and took the Air out today for a quick flight. Definitely better not as buzzy annoying with the DJI prop. Only flew one battery today so can't commit on any flying issues yet. As of now I'll fly them when I'm in a place that could you a little less bee buzzy sound and use the DJi props for normal everyday flying. Hope to see more testing thoughts over next few weeks.

Just got the Master Airscrew props for my MA Also, haven't flown yet, but was wondering if you have seen any tests of these props for the claim of increased flight time? From an energy/engineering standpoint it makes sense that if the props generate less noise then they might use less energy (equating noise generated to energy used) and give longer flight times?? Anyone ?

I will be doing this test this week hopefully with two Mavic Air's.

For those having problems with the new Master Air Screw props, I contacted the engineering department and this is the reply, I made the corrections and no more error.
We have been investigating this issue thoroughly. The problem appears with some of the Mavic Air units updated to the latest firmware version.
The Stealth propellers have much better efficiency and run on about 20% lower RPMs to mitigate the noise issue. Because of the better efficiency, the propellers require less power to produce the same amount of thrust, which may lead to two separate issues:
- in some cases slight shivering can be caused, noticeable during hover.
- in some cases when high speed breaking or rapid maneuver is performed, a motor current error could be triggered. Please note that this is not an overload error, but lower power draw recognized by the drone controller as a potential problem

How to fix this?
- change the gain settings to 80 via the Go4 app completely eliminates the shivering. For most users this eliminates also the motor control error. The gain settings can be accessed via the top right menu -> first menu icon (the drone icon) -> advanced settings -> gain.
- if the motor control error still persists, downgrading to firmware V01.00.0400 or earlier would eliminate the issue.

Reactions: solarguy
For those having problems with the new Master Air Screw props, I contacted the engineering department and this is the reply, I made the corrections and no more error.
We have been investigating this issue thoroughly. The problem appears with some of the Mavic Air units updated to the latest firmware version.
The Stealth propellers have much better efficiency and run on about 20% lower RPMs to mitigate the noise issue. Because of the better efficiency, the propellers require less power to produce the same amount of thrust, which may lead to two separate issues:
- in some cases slight shivering can be caused, noticeable during hover.
- in some cases when high speed breaking or rapid maneuver is performed, a motor current error could be triggered. Please note that this is not an overload error, but lower power draw recognized by the drone controller as a potential problem

How to fix this?
- change the gain settings to 80 via the Go4 app completely eliminates the shivering. For most users this eliminates also the motor control error. The gain settings can be accessed via the top right menu -> first menu icon (the drone icon) -> advanced settings -> gain.
- if the motor control error still persists, downgrading to firmware V01.00.0400 or earlier would eliminate the issue.
Can you describe what shivering is? I flew with the Master Airscrew props today for the first time and it seems like the MA was not holding still during hover, is that what shiver is?

Got my Airscrews today but haven’t flown yet. Did change the settings per the enclosed instructions ... however -stupid me - forgot to note what the gain settings were for the standard props in case I need to switch back. All 100s?
TIA

Got my Airscrews today but haven’t flown yet. Did change the settings per the enclosed instructions ... however -stupid me - forgot to note what the gain settings were for the standard props in case I need to switch back. All 100s?
TIA
Yep. Did mine last night prior to test flight today

2 x 15.5 mins flights today with the MAS V2 stealth props fitted (gain adjusted as recommended by MAS). Definitely quieter & longer flight time by approximately a minute. Didn't get any errors, but I didn't use Sport mode when it is supposed to be most apparent.

I got a set of v2's few days ago. Flew one battery so far with the recommended MAS settings without any hassle at all, even in sport mode, where I wasnt shy of pulling crazy manouvers. Its worth to mention, that it was a quite windy day too. UAV Forecast app was showing red warnings of high wind above 10m. I took the Air to 120m at one point. They sounds much different and more pleasant than the stock propellers. Definitely money well spent. I am glad I hold myself back from overpaying the import duties and shipping cost by not buying the v1's direct from US shortly after they were introduced.

Purchased the MA props for mavic 2 pro. Shortly after first takeoff got gimbal overload warnings. Recalibrated gimbal multiple times and retested on several flights without resolve. Decided to go back to original props and no more problems. I did swap the props without turning off the drone so same instance of firmware etc was loaded. These props are causing some kind of vibration or turbulence whatever. Why would anyone want to incur these anomalies for no reason. I have requested refund

I would ask for exchange, this is a very good company, they will make it rite.
Your the first one I've heard of having problems so far. I run them and love them will not go back to stock
Purchased the MA props for mavic 2 pro. Shortly after first takeoff got gimbal overload warnings. Recalibrated gimbal multiple times and retested on several flights without resolve. Decided to go back to original props and no more problems. I did swap the props without turning off the drone so same instance of firmware etc was loaded. These props are causing some kind of vibration or turbulence whatever. Why would anyone want to incur these anomalies for no reason. I have requested refund

Your the first one I've heard of having problems so far. I run them and love them will not go back to stock.

Your the first one I've heard of having problems so far. I run them and love them will not go back to stock.

Master Airscrew has manufactured plane props for decades but I suspect they dont understand the impact their drone props can have on a drones aerodynamics and controllers. Why risk such expensive hardware on a 5% increase in performance, especially since they obviously havent been fully tested. I would think DJI would be using this type of prop if it would increase their drones performance. I assumed such a well known company wouldnt be selling aftermarket equipment that would possibly cause flight issues. As they say, let the buyer beware

In my opinion it is waste of money and high risk to kill motors. You can fly with high pitch, but cannot with broken motors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair