DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Props.. Vibration on M2Z.....

silverdragon

Reactions
I ordered a set of Black Propellers from MAS. Thank you for sending me 3 sets for the price of one. I almost sent back the 2 extra sets but ended up not sending them back. I opened up a box and installed them on the AC. I then armed the AC and the Craft almost jumped out of it own skin...Why?? On 2 of them one with a white ring and the other no ring were no put together properly at the factory. The blades were way to tight on the cam. Obviously they should be loose and not opening so that caused the major vibration.

So, back to the extra boxes that were sent.... I opened another box and found them to have the same issue as the first box. I did get two of them that were loose on the cam and put them on the AC and the vibration diminished almost 100% with a slight vibration still. I then went through all the props in the 3 boxes and hand picked out 4 workable propellers. No vibration at all now in craft but I have a bunch of props that are very tight on the cams... I Will look into them and try to loosen them up and go from there.

I notified MAS with a email and have nor received a reply yet.....I'm wondering what they will say about the issue. I am going to say to them I will send them back PROVIDING The engineers look into the quality control issue and do what ever it takes to make it right.....I dont want to read here or anywhere that someone put a box of them on their AC and it crashed because of the issue at hand..... always something in DRONELAND.....15893645422437998136075453528693.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Perhaps this is a lesson to buy OEM props perhaps ! ;)

Theres no lesson here what so ever. So lesson is not the correct word my fellow droners. I found it very interesting MAS is no different Than any other manufacturer. They screw up also... so now I reworked a second set of MAS props and it's a matter of opening the .1588 diameter holes on the props another .0005 to .001 of an inch and I have 3 full sets of perfectly working props that seems to be better than the OEMs... Good lesson, but not mine:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: deltamike
Theres no lesson here what so ever. So lesson is not the correct word my fellow droners. I found it very interesting MAS is no different Than any other manufacturer. They screw up also... so now I reworked a second set of MAS props and it's a matter of opening the .1588 diameter holes on the props another .0005 to .001 of an inch and I have 3 full sets of perfectly working props that seems to be better than the OEMs... Good lesson, but not mine:cool:

Interesting. I live and learn and a lesson learnt.

In what aspect are they better than the OEM's. Less noise hopefully.

They just are, they cut wind better, they hover the Drone steadier, I gained 52 seconds almost a whole minute in fllight time. And they last a lot longer because the construction is much better. The plastic is stronger. See ..... They are much better.... But the only thing I do not like, The QC on them and I mean the ones I received , the .1585 diameter hole should of been .0005 to .001 larger. I like the OEMs a lot also for their own reasons but the MAX are constructed better.

I've done a prior post about balancing the MAS props, and the OEM ones for that matter. I made a jig to get the blades straight and then they go on a Dubro balancer. Checking 16 MAS and 12 OEM, the MAS were out of balance slightly more often than the OEM. I let MAS know about it . . they offered to replace props but I didn't take them up on it as I already balanced them.

y2TCywD.png

I ordered a set of Black Propellers from MAS. Thank you for sending me 3 sets for the price of one. I almost sent back the 2 extra sets but ended up not sending them back. I opened up a box and installed them on the AC. I then armed the AC and the Craft almost jumped out of it own skin...Why?? On 2 of them one with a white ring and the other no ring were no put together properly at the factory. The blades were way to tight on the cam. Obviously they should be loose and not opening so that caused the major vibration.

So, back to the extra boxes that were sent.... I opened another box and found them to have the same issue as the first box. I did get two of them that were loose on the cam and put them on the AC and the vibration diminished almost 100% with a slight vibration still. I then went through all the props in the 3 boxes and hand picked out 4 workable propellers. No vibration at all now in craft but I have a bunch of props that are very tight on the cams... I Will look into them and try to loosen them up and go from there.

I notified MAS with a email and have nor received a reply yet.....I'm wondering what they will say about the issue. I am going to say to them I will send them back PROVIDING The engineers look into the quality control issue and do what ever it takes to make it right.....I dont want to read here or anywhere that someone put a box of them on their AC and it crashed because of the issue at hand..... always something in DRONELAND.....View attachment 101178
I have some OEM props with the same issue... tight pivot points. My older, used ones are smoother.

I have some OEM props with the same issue... tight pivot points. My older, used ones are smoother.
See that, It can happen to any manufacturer. So watch out for the issue at hand. A violent shake/vibration really can take a toll on the AirCraft.

I fly MAS on my mavic zoom and my wife does her mavic pro 2 and had a prob with them contacted MAS to let them know they sent me a free set

I fly MAS on my mavic zoom and my wife does her mavic pro 2 and had a prob with them contacted MAS to let them know they sent me a free set
Yeah, they sent me 2 extra sets... if they all worked properly from the first box I opened I was planning on sending back the sets but I had to open those boxes in order to get 4 working props. Now I took apart the ones that were not working properly and got them to work but with a little reaming the holes on the blades themself. I reamed them .0005 to .001 larger. Now MAS doesn’t want them back. So I'm keeping all the working Props .