DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Props

MA are advertising an increse in flight duration with these prop's ... That means that the motors must be drawing slightly LESS current from the battery, and therefore there should be no way that the motors get any hotter than usual.

Exactly. That is why I’m asking. Will have to test again but I have never noticed my motors get this warm before

Reactions: FoxhallGH
MA are advertising an increse in flight duration with these prop's ... That means that the motors must be drawing slightly LESS current from the battery, and therefore there should be no way that the motors get any hotter than usual.

The improvements overall aren't significantly that much better than say, the MP Platinums. but they ARE noticeable. But most impressive for me after an autonomous programmed (incorrectly!) crash into a tree and dropping 60+ feet through branches before landing on the ground was the impressive relative survivability of them.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
I haven't tested scientifically, but I definitely can tell they're quiter. At 30 ft they're basically a lower pitch which is a less annoying sound, but you can really tell when you they're much quiter when you get up around 100-150 ft. No clue about flight time...too many other factors to be able to tell and I never let my battery get too depleted. For me they are definitely worth the $25.

I did a test with a digital sound level meter. Mavic Air with original and then with Airscrew stealth low noise quick release propellers. The sound meter is on a table pointed up toward the vertical flight path (30 degree from vertical)..10 ft from meter to takeoff point.

The tone and sound level is definitely reduced. It still sounds like a drone. Not using original props again.

elevation original Airscrew
200 ft . . . . 46db. . . 44db
150 . . . . . 47 . . . . . 45
100 . . . . . 52 . . . . . 50
75 . . . . . .53 . . . . . 52
50 . . . . . 58 . . . . . 54
25 . . . . . 66 . . . . . 58
takeoff hover . 58 . . . . 56
background . . 42 . . . . 42

Last edited:
MAS Props are a gimme on the MP.
They're more a "mod" than a propellor choice, for the performance gain you get.

At least 2 mins extra hover, and as quiet as the 8331's.

This may not relate to you, but where they really excel is Higher up in thin air.
Because of their surface area and pitch they push more air than the others.

This means they run at lower rpms, so they hardly ever Max out the motor, making them more efficient.
Hence the longer flight time.

*Only thing I've noticed with them is some of the props spin freer on the hinges over time. While some stay tight.
Theres no "play", but they lose that tight feel the 8330/8331's seem to retain.

There is a bolt you could tighten, but it is glued, and needs an ultra small Torx tip, which breaks/strips before any tightening
can be performed.

Please not this is after a lot of use. And im pretty sure, It's a non issue once they're spinning.
Highly reccomended Thumbswayup

I did a test with a digital sound level meter. Mavic Air with original and then with Airscrew stealth low noise quick release propellers. The sound meter is on a table pointed up toward the vertical flight path (30 degree from vertical)..10 ft from meter to takeoff point.

The tone and sound level is definitely reduced. It still sounds like a drone. Not using original props again.

elevation original Airscrew
200 ft . . . . 46db. . . 44db
150 . . . . . 47 . . . . . 45
100 . . . . . 52 . . . . . 50
75 . . . . . .53 . . . . . 52
50 . . . . . 58 . . . . . 54
25 . . . . . 66 . . . . . 58
takeoff hover . 58 . . . . 56
background . . 42 . . . . 42
Thanks for sharing these results. In addition to the lower 'sound pressure' readings, it's also interesting that due to the lower rpm, the sound that is made by the MAS prop's is lower frequency and less intrusive. I constantly get people remarking about how surprised they are that my Mavic Pro Platinum is so quiet. The MAS prop's I fly with are to thank for this as it makes my MPP sound less like a swarm of bees, and more like a flock of birds.
I've also noticed that it allows me to get closer to wildlife - like the Swans on our local river - without them getting stressed ...

You get people remarking how quiet your drone is?
These are fellow Drone owners, yes?

It's true though. I always have to crane my head up, bring it lower to know where it is.
Where with the 8330, you can hear it 500m away.

The perceived noise is definitely much less. It's very apparent. Have not gotten longer flight times with my typical flying style (I think hover-only tests are so much off the real situation that I do not even look at them)... Hope this helps

You get people remarking how quiet your drone is?
These are fellow Drone owners, yes?

It's true though. I always have to crane my head up, bring it lower to know where it is.
Where with the 8330, you can hear it 500m away.
No - I was actually referring to members of the public. They seem to have a pre-conceived idea that drones are noisy and buzzy (probably due to seeing low-level, racing FPV drones), so they are quite surprised how low the drone is when it's out of their hearing range. It's something that I find is helpful as I've not had anybody that's complained that I've upset their dog, or the local wild-life etc.

Reactions: MavicFT1P
The perceived noise is definitely much less. It's very apparent. Have not gotten longer flight times with my typical flying style (I think hover-only tests are so much off the real situation that I do not even look at them)... Hope this helps

Depends where your hovering.

Absolutely, positively dont ever go higher than 120m.
But if you somehow, hypothetically, find yourself above 120m, this is the prop you want Thumbswayup
My friend said as much anyway

edit: I know you guys are talking MA not MP, but ive heard theres good all round

I have the stealth propellers installed in my MA since about 1 month and noticed tat they are quieter.
I have tested it up to 50 meters high and I have even crashed it against the floor from 15cm in a failed attempt to land indoor (at home) and have endured very well, they have barely scratched and have no deformations or signs of damage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki