DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Stealth propellers causing serious vibrating on M2P

OK, just fired up the MA2 with the new set of orange MS blades, and while a little better still tends to slide to the left, albeit a little slower, when idling on the ground. Put the stock blades back on and did not happen. I then built a DIY balancer (two glass leveled to the same height and a Bic pen filler which fit nicely into the holes). All 8 blades were balanced....so that's not the issue. The first set had the flashing issue but the new set is smooth and nicely trimmed. So the issue is NOT balancing, but rather design it seems. I'm going to take both sets out and fly them this week if the weather holds and see how they perform.

Reactions: Newbie Flyer
I've had the MAS Stealth propellers (orange) for my M2P for a few weeks now, but just tried them indoors for the first time and immediately noticed the gimbal vibrating badly. I took them off and put back the DJI props and no vibration whatsoever. I will not use these in flight - I just don't trust them. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments regarding MAS's return policy. Thanks!
I thought my case was just a fluke until I read this. I've had the MAS props for a couple months and then last week they started severe wobble. I did all the usual stuff to troubleshoot but still had the problem but only at certain RPMs. If I sped up the vibration seemed to cease, but once back in a hover it came back. So--off they come and the original DJI blades work fine. Now that I know I wasn't alone I may contact MAS about it.

I've had the MAS Stealth propellers (orange) for my M2P for a few weeks now, but just tried them indoors for the first time and immediately noticed the gimbal vibrating badly. I took them off and put back the DJI props and no vibration whatsoever. I will not use these in flight - I just don't trust them. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments regarding MAS's return policy. Thanks!
I also got the orange ones for my MA2. the first set had ragged edges. They sent a second set - and I got a motor warning. they also are longer and hit my rear strobe, I had to reposition it. (I think I'll just use DJI props from now on - without motors working, I'd just have an expensive rock) :)

How freely do the individual blades swing about their pivots?
I ask because I notice with new DJI props they sometimes cause vibration until the drone is throttled up, Presumably because there isn't enough centrifugal force to 'throw' the props out into the correct position at idle speed.
As a consequence of this I generally open the props out manually and try to obtain symmetry before I start the motors, even if the final position is not correct this is better than starting the motors with the props in storage position etc..
I agree. I always fold the props out manually before starting up.

I've tried 2 sets on my M2Pro and they both make it jump around. It seems to get better as you get about 3' off the ground but it's jumpy it bounces and moves all over the ground right before you take off. It's horrible. I put the oem blades back on and it's perfect and smooth.

Quick follow up,
I wrote to MAS about this weeks ago, and have heard nothing back. Not a good sign when a company does not back up their product or respond to their customers. C'est la vie!

Happy flying!

• Sad
Reactions: charliej