Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Stealth Props Now Available for MA2

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: volition
I just received the Orange propellers from Master Airscrew for my MA2 and find a lot of molding flash on the edges of the blades. 51 Drones on YouTube reported this a few days ago and found them to cause vibration or what appears to be an out of balance condition. Has anyone else seen this?

I just received the Orange propellers from Master Airscrew for my MA2 and find a lot of molding flash on the edges of the blades. 51 Drones on YouTube reported this a few days ago and found them to cause vibration or what appears to be an out of balance condition. Has anyone else seen this?
Are they causing vibration on yours?

I’ve flown the blue MAS Stealth props on my MA2 for the last few weeks, and have flown with other forum members who agree that the pitch is lower, making them less-irritating to the ears. We did not notice any vibrations.

In my opinion, the sound difference was much more noticeable on my M2P, so I’m not sure it was entirely worth purchasing for my MA2. I flew the MA2 with its OEM props for several months. My wife bought me a set of after-market gold-tipped props via Amazon a couple months back, and they sounded slightly lower-pitched than OEM. So these Stealth props were only a minute step lower than the after-market gold one to me.

Other threads (and previous posts) have mentioned the imperfect mold trimming on recent shipments, so I know I got lucky with the blue ones I bought. The only pics I’ve seen so far with issues are the orange ones. I’ll continue to fly with my blue ones, but I know I’ve already got two other capable sets of props when these need replacing.

I’ve flown the blue MAS Stealth props on my MA2 for the last few weeks, and have flown with other forum members who agree that the pitch is lower, making them less-irritating to the ears. We did not notice any vibrations.

In my opinion, the sound difference was much more noticeable on my M2P, so I’m not sure it was entirely worth purchasing for my MA2. I flew the MA2 with its OEM props for several months. My wife bought me a set of after-market gold-tipped props via Amazon a couple months back, and they sounded slightly lower-pitched than OEM. So these Stealth props were only a minute step lower than the after-market gold one to me.

Other threads (and previous posts) have mentioned the imperfect mold trimming on recent shipments, so I know I got lucky with the blue ones I bought. The only pics I’ve seen so far with issues are the orange ones. I’ll continue to fly with my blue ones, but I know I’ve already got two other capable sets of props when these need replacing.

Out of interest? Are they balanced ok? A lot of people are stating that when idling on ground the drone is vibrating to the point it moves. Especially on more polished surfaces. Whereas the OEM the drone sits as still as can be.

Out of interest? Are they balanced ok? A lot of people are stating that when idling on ground the drone is vibrating to the point it moves. Especially on more polished surfaces. Whereas the OEM the drone sits as still as can be.
It’s my belief that the early Orange props had the quality control issue. The excess material caused the off-balanced props, and the vibration observed.

My blue props had no extra material, and had the MA2 as “still” on a picnic table while rotating as both the OEM DJI props and the other third-party props. No vibrations noticed on all three sets of props tested: DJI, DJI gold-tipped knockoffs, and Master Airscrew.
  • Does anyone have the black or blue props, and can share your observations?
  • Does anyone have the Orange props, without any issues?

My orange at arrived a week ago and the edges were/seemed unfinished. MA2 did move across smooth floor at idle. I just sanded off excess on leading and trailing edges and no more drifting on smooth surface. Flew great and noticiable sound reduction of anything a lower pitch sound.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I just sanded off excess on leading and trailing edges and no more drifting on smooth surface. Flew great and noticiable sound reduction of anything a lower pitch sound.
Nice job on the props, and great attitude! Instead of awaiting some replacement props, you’re up and flying right away. Maybe Master Airscrew will still send you spare replacements if you let them know.

Update, i finally got an email from MAS.
They didn't reply to my order of Spark props that was made in mid-December. Paid via Pay Pal, so on January 5th 2021 put a dispute on them thru PayPal and the Card used within. After 4 emails and two phone calls, still no answer. PayPal even says they haven't responded to the disputed and will drop it unless I escalate. Funny, they had no problem accepting payment at the time of order! I DEFinitely not ordering MA2 props from a company that won't even show the courtesy of reply. At LEAST -if they were closing for holidays, etc- they could place a notice on their order website, if for nothing else, to set expectations.

Hi! Anyone have an updated review on these? Now that you've had them awhile, are they worth the price?

Hi! Anyone have an updated review on these? Now that you've had them awhile, are they worth the price?
I didnt have any issues with mine when they first came out but I probably wouldnt buy them again. Nothing wrong with them but no real gain either unless you really want colored props. Flight speed was about the same. They are a little more quiet but its like 1-3db so nothing too crazy.

Reactions: I_Spy
I haven't noticed much difference at all. They do not seem quieter to me and I don't notice any operational difference. As C.W. said, the color is the only real change. Nothing really wrong with them but not worth the extra $$. I doubt if I will buy them again.

I haven't noticed much difference at all. They do not seem quieter to me and I don't notice any operational difference. As C.W. said, the color is the only real change. Nothing really wrong with them but not worth the extra $$. I doubt if I will buy them again.
Thanks!

I didnt have any issues with mine when they first came out but I probably wouldnt buy them again. Nothing wrong with them but no real gain either unless you really want colored props. Flight speed was about the same. They are a little more quiet but its like 1-3db so nothing too crazy.
I was hoping for quieter, but i'll admit I like the look of the colored props. Thanks

I've been running the blues for about a month now and reds just showed up yesterday. None of my 4 MAS sets have flashing. I noticed more of a change in pitch than any significant lowering of decibels but it was a small amount quieter. There have been no vibrations on either full set of the blues on a smooth glass tabletop either. Speed and range seem to be on par with oem so far. Now that I have the red ones I intend to do a series of runs where I fly more or less the same route on each set, oem blue and red, to compare. Since I only have 4 batteries I'll have to cool and charge then repeat across a few days to try and get a more balanced feel for them and ensure that no one set gets stuck with any lame duck battery I may have.

I've been running the blues for about a month now and reds just showed up yesterday. None of my 4 MAS sets have flashing. I noticed more of a change in pitch than any significant lowering of decibels but it was a small amount quieter. There have been no vibrations on either full set of the blues on a smooth glass tabletop either. Speed and range seem to be on par with oem so far. Now that I have the red ones I intend to do a series of runs where I fly more or less the same route on each set, oem blue and red, to compare. Since I only have 4 batteries I'll have to cool and charge then repeat across a few days to try and get a more balanced feel for them and ensure that no one set gets stuck with any lame duck battery I may have.
Thanks for the reply! I hope you post your findings.

Thanks for the reply! I hope you post your findings.
It won't be anything analytical by any means but I'll do my best to offer an informed opinion. I had been holding out for the reds because I thought they would be easiest to see in flight but decided to get the blues after almost 4 months. Less than a week after getting them the reds were finally available. And hey, what's another $50 towards this fantastic hobby?!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_