DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MasterAirScrew for the Mini 3 Pro

I had them on my Air 2S. A slight bump of the props upon landing caused fractures. The same bumps with OEM showed no damage. The MAS are made of just a little stiffer plastic. The truth is, they are not any more quiet. They offer no more flight time nor top speed. The handling is the same. They do sound quieter due to the lower tone. They ARE good props and the various colors look good. It is a personal choice, and either is a good one. They are just as durable as OEM, as long as you keep them clear of contact.;)
Yup, they've been around (MAS) since the mid 70's and I've used their props since the mid 90's.
Here is a good review of them on the Mini 2

Last edited:
A little tangential to the topic:. I found the screws on the Mini 3 not only to be small but very, very stubbornly screwed in. Not as hard to screw them back in but harder than previous Minis. WHAT I WOULD RECOMMEND are three things: 1) Buy a serious screw driver for the Mini 3. Throw the included toy screw driver into a drawer for emergency use only. You're going to want some leverage to get the dang screws out and back in again. You do not want to strip the tops of the screws because you will be in big trouble. The more secure the screw driver's seating and pressure the less chance of stripping.
Oh yes, especially if the included screwdriver has the wrong size for some.
I went with this recommendation, it was night and day to change the screws. Couldn't really believe it how crappy the DJI one was compared to the other one, which made changing it to something like a 2 minutes' job.

Oh yes, especially if the included screwdriver has the wrong size for some.
I went with this recommendation, it was night and day to change the screws. Couldn't really believe it how crappy the DJI one was compared to the other one, which made changing it to something like a 2 minutes' job.

I went with the screwdrive shown below, as recommended by another forum member but should have bought a kit as the screws in my glasses need a smaller driver to tighten them.

I disagree with one statement in the video, that the props should be replaced as pairs? I understand the general logic, that they should be balanced. But having weighed these props on a jewelry scale accurate to 0.01grams they are extremely consistent and any very minor inconsistencies in weight and balance will IMO make no difference at all. It's not like DJI has someone matching props at the factory before packaging. No need to waste props, even as inexpensive as they are on the Mini 3.

Am I crazy, or are the Mini 3 props almost 1/2 the price of the previous Mini 1 and Mini 2 props????

1668103323432.png

Last edited:
Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Wera of course is a fine brand indeed.
But I went for the other one, because it was first low price and offered more sizes useful at home. On the other hand, I might just order the one too and put it in my pocket when changing is needed abroad.

Changing in pairs: well, I think, it's what the manual says to be on the safe side, which I totally understand. With some common sense and other factors like age, condition, etc. it might not be necessary at all to do so. But DJI is certainly going for the user who sometimes lacks this responsibility, I guess.

Reactions: Torque
I have MAS props for my Mavic 2, but I haven't used them very much and went back to the OEM props. I perceived a loss of response, but could have just been my imagination. Perhaps it's sime to break them out again to see if my impressions are different.

I agree that the DJI props do the job. Interestingly, the Mini 3 props are cheaper than previous Mini versions. However, the teeny screws with diffficulty getting them in and out make want to stay away from changing props. But if one has the patience to change props on a Mini just because, bless your heart.

A little tangential to the topic:. I found the screws on the Mini 3 not only to be small but very, very stubbornly screwed in. Not as hard to screw them back in but harder than previous Minis. WHAT I WOULD RECOMMEND are three things: 1) Buy a serious screw driver for the Mini 3. Throw the included toy screw driver into a drawer for emergency use only. You're going to want some leverage to get the dang screws out and back in again. You do not want to strip the tops of the screws because you will be in big trouble. The more secure the screw driver's seating and pressure the less chance of stripping. 2) As soon as possible, just loosen all the screws then tighten them back down. It should make it easier to change props in the fiield if you ever have to. 3) When tightening or looseng screws on the Mini 3, have something underneath the arms because you're going to need some leverage and I wouldn't think you'd want to put the amount of pressure needed on unsupported arms. JMO
MAS Propeller for the Mini 3 P

Worth a look or just useless ?
I used MAS props on my Air 2S. I found that the red ones often put the drone into a safety mode: it would turn painfully slow. I got a red shading on the display, seemed like a sensor “saw” the props as an obstacle. Repeatedl, problem came and went when I switched to and the away from MAS. Shame, they were quieter, and maybe 1 or 2 mph faster.

Reactions: pyrolator
I tried on Air 2S. Slightly quieter and lower pitch. 1 or 2 mph faster.
OTOH, they seemed to OFTEN cause some kind of safety mode: I would see red shading on screen, and turn rate became very slow. Repeatedly went away switching to stock, and returned when returning to MAS.

I used MAS props on my Air 2S. I found that the red ones often put the drone into a safety mode: it would turn painfully slow. I got a red shading on the display, seemed like a sensor “saw” the props as an obstacle. Repeatedl, problem came and went when I switched to and the away from MAS. Shame, they were quieter, and maybe 1 or 2 mph faster.
I haven't/hadn't had an issue with safety mode and haven't yet gotten reflections from the orange props. But I did perceive a slightly less responsiveness. I believe that is due to a more flexible prop that takes a nanosecond to "flex-out" until it's ready to respond. I don't know. But the OEM props always seem to work.

While I have nothing against the MAS props I'm just going to go back to the OEM props unless they need replaceing down the road.

Reactions: pyrolator
Anyone noticed that the orange coloured tips on the stock props are actually made of a different material? They're softer and slightly rubbery. Maybe makes them slightly less prone to damage and to damaging things/people?

MAS Propeller for the Mini 3 P

Worth a look or just useless ?
I have them on the mini2 and they are attractive and definitely quieter. I tend to ignore the claim for an extra minute or two on the battery. I don't fly that close to the margins. For the Mini 3, again attractive colours and more visible but I wouldn't say an quieter, in fact a slightly 'rougher' sound. I can't measure the Db to be sure but I think marginally noisier. Nice props but no real advantage for me.

Reactions: Torque
I used an orange set on my Air2S when it was attacked by two eagles. I got video of it being struck at least three times and carried a short distance. I managed to get away and land. I was amazed that it still flew as the some props had huge pieces missing. Yes the props seem more brittle but I suspect they didn’t harm the eagles as I got some very close up video of them as they flew past during the attack.

Reactions: a2tomm
I have had them for about 5 days and as many flights. I only had my IPhone 13 to measure the Decibels. I flew at the stock props to take off level and then the new orange props. I did it also at 20 feet. Did the same test 15 minutes with the MS props and there was a 5 decibel average with the MS props.
As far as performance that is a very hard thing to or at least for me to judge. As with all my drones I only really use normal or cnie mode. I only use S when I have a job that I need to get to a little faster or a shot I want to take. Probably only less then 10 percent of my flying is in S mode. I have had MS stealth props on all my drones, past and present and really have no complaints. I do find the colors to be helpful in VLOS.

I have a set of MAS props for my Mavic 2. What I noticed is that they are more flexible than the OEM props and I think, though a bit quieter are also a bit less responsive because of the increased flexiibility. It could be my imagination, but definitely my perception.

The Mini 3 would probably have no difference between OEM and MAS props in terms of response. The Mini 3's props are shorter than the those on the Mavic 2, so presumable not much difference in the stiffness, thus probablly not a difference in response to input. I do like the color (I have orange) when I put them on my Mavic 2. But there too changing props on the Mavic 2 is seconds, not minutes with a tiny screw driver as on the Minis.

I think the MAS props are cool. But I'm going to stay with the OEM props on my Minis.

I picked orange ,I have MAS on all my drones ,for no other reason than the color .They work well ,sound, extra time really doesn't matter to me .
I would recommend them for the COLOR

I picked orange ,I have MAS on all my drones ,for no other reason than the color .They work well ,sound, extra time really doesn't matter to me .
I would recommend them for the COLOR
OK, I should have been more specific. I don't care about colour. I'm only interested in noise, and of course that they work at least as well, or close to it, as the original props.

I'm also not interested in people's conjectures, I can do that myself. Nor about how MAS are for other drones, I too have had them on other drones.

Youtube videos agree that noise plays a very small concern ,2db difference at best .The Mini 3 pro is very quiet already although orange and other colors make it easier to see.The Air 2s ,mini 2 and Mavic pro 2 are loud and to be completely honest 2db ain't all that
dont take my word for it type in our concern to Youtube several good folks will steer you right

Reactions: basyok
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760