DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MasterAirScrew for the Mini 3 Pro

MAS Propeller for the Mini 3 P

Worth a look or just useless ?
I have found nice improvements in flight and control after adding MAS props in the past however the MAS props for more recent DJI products are claiming very little other than a better pitch / sound. Chalk that up to DJI designing more efficient props that closely resemble that of Master Airscrew.

So the only real reason to buy the props for the Mini 3 Pro is because you like the color...... I think DJI is missing out on a profitable add on item by not offering colors.

I tend to agree with Saladshooter. I have MAS props for my Spark and P3S and they have performed flawlessly and there is a noticeable change in the pitch but I will not be buying them for my Mavic 3 or my Mini 3 as the DJI props are already pretty quiet so the only real benefit I can see is a cosmetic one, so for me it’s not worth it.

Chris

I might get some for my Mavic 3. I didn't buy the fly more so a few extra might be nice and a bright color is not a bad thing. Depends on the price vs what I find stock props for. They both have worked fine for me.

I have found nice improvements in flight and control after adding MAS props in the past however the MAS props for more recent DJI products are claiming very little other than a better pitch / sound. Chalk that up to DJI designing more efficient props that closely resemble that of Master Airscrew.

So the only real reason to buy the props for the Mini 3 Pro is because you like the color...... I think DJI is missing out on a profitable add on item by not offering colors.
I have MAS props for my Mavic 2, but I haven't used them very much and went back to the OEM props. I perceived a loss of response, but could have just been my imagination. Perhaps it's sime to break them out again to see if my impressions are different.

I agree that the DJI props do the job. Interestingly, the Mini 3 props are cheaper than previous Mini versions. However, the teeny screws with diffficulty getting them in and out make want to stay away from changing props. But if one has the patience to change props on a Mini just because, bless your heart.

A little tangential to the topic:. I found the screws on the Mini 3 not only to be small but very, very stubbornly screwed in. Not as hard to screw them back in but harder than previous Minis. WHAT I WOULD RECOMMEND are three things: 1) Buy a serious screw driver for the Mini 3. Throw the included toy screw driver into a drawer for emergency use only. You're going to want some leverage to get the dang screws out and back in again. You do not want to strip the tops of the screws because you will be in big trouble. The more secure the screw driver's seating and pressure the less chance of stripping. 2) As soon as possible, just loosen all the screws then tighten them back down. It should make it easier to change props in the fiield if you ever have to. 3) When tightening or looseng screws on the Mini 3, have something underneath the arms because you're going to need some leverage and I wouldn't think you'd want to put the amount of pressure needed on unsupported arms. JMO

Have ordered a set of orange props, once installed and tested will give my thoughts, the specs look good and the colours make the drone more visible, I use the MAS props on my Air 2s and they work well.
I had some orange ones in my kit for my Mavic 2 that I had flown with only a couple of times. I thought it was time to break them out again. They're back on the biird, waiting to get a little more charge on the batteries and hope to get out and fool around... err... practice to see how, once again, I like them.

I still think I'm going to stick with DJI OEM props for my Minis. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.... at least if you can't easily put it back exactly the way it was.

I have them on my mini 2…better, pleasing pitch and the gloss black look great. I have a mini 3 pro and would only put them on for looks since DJI knocked it out of the park with the quietist mini ever.

In all fairness though, I am losing my hearing and as far as performance goes on any of my minis…I have yet to see any comparison data that makes me go WOW 😯 regarding MAS props. They work for some and not for others, but, they do look pretty. Will I buy some for my mini 3 pro? Maybe 🤔

🇨🇦👍

Reactions: bradm75 and Torque
I live here in the mountains of Pa the mini 3 seems to attract some sort of small birds .I even run a test flying the air2s and mini 3 same place a bald hill surrounded by trees ,the mini 3 defiantly annoys the birds ,hope the new props will help

If MAS developed some sort of quick release props for the Mini 3 then I would definitely consider purchasing a set, but as YVRGUY said the Mini 3 is already the quietest mini ever so I don’t see the purpose of buying a set for the limited reduction in pitch.

Chris

I hope that a user who owns this Props makes a test and share his thoughts with us.

Reactions: Torque
I hope that a user who owns this Props makes a test and share his thoughts with us.
I have sets of both the orange and green on the way.
My Mini 2 and my DJI FPV drone have been flying with MAS props for over a year with no issues.
MAS has a stellar and long standing reputation in the Fixed Wing RC community. I've used them for years on my planes.

Where was that established?
Link?
I had them on my Air 2S. A slight bump of the props upon landing caused fractures. The same bumps with OEM showed no damage. The MAS are made of just a little stiffer plastic. The truth is, they are not any more quiet. They offer no more flight time nor top speed. The handling is the same. They do sound quieter due to the lower tone. They ARE good props and the various colors look good. It is a personal choice, and either is a good one. They are just as durable as OEM, as long as you keep them clear of contact.;)

Reactions: bradm75
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan