DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav 2 vs 4P4 cameras

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
Just having a bit of a look around and can’t find much information on this.
How does the mav 2 pro’s camera stand up against the Phantom 4
Pros camera?

Optically very similar, at least for stills. The P4 Pro has a mechanical shutter, M Pro 2 only e shutter. Both are 20MP, I believe both are using the same Sony 1" sensor similar to chip Sony uses in RX100.

P4 Pro has a few more crop modes, 4:3 for example.

Mavic offers a few newer active track modes just like mavic air.

I have used both and for stills work the cameras are very close. The Mavic Pro seems to have just a bit more DR and highlight recovery, at least from the few flights I have made with it compared to the P4 Pro.

Paul C

Im editing a VERY eye-opening video right now that has side by side tests that also include resolution charts. Just a hint....the differences in clarity and resolving power are pretty drastic. Another hint.....Mavic-II pro's 2.k mode offeres the EXACT same resolution as its "4k" FOV full wide mode. There is allot Im covering on this. Will be out on a few days.

I can say that the Mavic 2 Pro has a rolling shutter instead of mechanical shutter which limits some options for mapping. Also, no 60fps for the M2 in 4K.

Last edited:
THere's a couple already around youtube. IMO the m2p is no where near the p4p's level. (and no 4k 60fps in case you were wondering)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23