DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav pro 2. Remote signal lost. 1 mile

Atorr

Reactions
Every time I fly the most I’m getting is 3000 feet in distance and lose signal on remote with mavric pro 2. . I don’t understand why Any help anyone as to why.

Are you in FCC or CE mode? If you're not in North America you are probably in CE mode which dramatically reduces range.

Ty for your response but im definitely on fcc mode. I’m flying it in North America

No this is my first. I’m out of New Jersey. Every time I get around the distance of 3000 feet or 3500. Remote gets weak signal and I lose the signal

1 mile is 5280 feet. So your out bound range is just over 1/2 a mile. If you are getting 3000 feet when signal drops.

Might consider looking at what RC settings you have on controller. Auto or custom. If auto you might try a different frequency to see if you can get better range.

Should be able to get a mile without much problem with a good LOS flight.

Paul C

Keep in mind it is VERY important to have your remoter controller antennas properly aimed.
NEVER, I repeat, NEVER POINT the tips of your antennas directly at the drone. That is your very weakest signal.
You want the wide flat sides of both antennas facing your drone for the best signal.

Keep in mind it is VERY important to have your remoter controller antennas properly aimed.
NEVER, I repeat, NEVER POINT the tips of your antennas directly at the drone. That is your very weakest signal.
You want the wide flat sides of both antennas facing your drone for the best signal.
Which means the farther your drone travels away from you, you'll need to lower the controller antennas for best signal. Assuming you maintain the same altitude.

Take it out of the city and see what happens.

Reactions: Atorr
Which means the farther your drone travels away from you, you'll need to lower the controller antennas for best signal. Assuming you maintain the same altitude.

NONONO
You don't lower the antennas, this would point the tips at the drone.

Here's how your antennas should be oriented with your body preferably facing toward the drone.
20181023_161706.jpgYou want the antennas pointing up perpendicular to the radio to maximize the signal

NONONO
You don't lower the antennas, this would point the tips at the drone.

Here's how your antennas should be oriented with your body preferably facing toward the drone.
View attachment 51255You want the antennas pointing up perpendicular to the radio to maximize the signal

Didn't mean lower the antennas on the controller, meant lower the controller which will lower the antennas.

Not sure how that would help. Depending how much lower you place the controller, the more chance you'll lose clear LOS and introduce interference.

Raising AC altitude would be more effective.

Make sure antennas are aligned and its a clear path to the drone, even branches of a small tree eat a lot of singal.

@msinger and @Thunderdrones both have proper diagrams for pointing and adjustment of the antenna. link to diagram below
Msinger link to diagram
Thunderdrones link to diagram

Another thought is the AC is probably shifting frequency, (Ocusync) the 5.8 MHz band won't get the best range and the rated distance is under IDEAL conditions. City, high structures and a lot of electronic interference

Ocusync      .jpg

A partial list of 2.4 GHz uses

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure