DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven for DJI Drones

An update coming out shortly, probably by 7th February, waypoints when following POI much smoother is one of the changes. This app just gets better and better, I started using it in the early days in 2018 when it was called FPV or something like that on my Mavic Air 1 and now use it on my MA2 and will use it on my dji Mini 2 once they are able to make the changes.
Great app

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Any idea if it includes an android version?

No. It’s just ios
Thanks very much. If it's that good, might just get an older iPhone to try it. What might be a good option in your opinion?

Thanks very much. If it's that good, might just get an older iPhone to try it. What might be a good option in your opinion?
You may be disappointed doing that. All of the apps which use the "virtual sticks" method to fly waypoints rely on the speed of the device CPU to fly efficiently. An old iPhone may work but probably wouldn't be very smooth.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
I bought a new iPad 10.2" (32 meg version) for $300. They've been available at that price pretty much everywhere. It's a bit large, of course, but works great and runs Maven just fine. I use the PGY Tech holder for it.

How does this compare with Litchi? Thanks!

You may be disappointed doing that. All of the apps which use the "virtual sticks" method to fly waypoints rely on the speed of the device CPU to fly efficiently. An old iPhone may work but probably wouldn't be very smooth.
I bought a new iPad 10.2" (32 meg version) for $300. They've been available at that price pretty much everywhere. It's a bit large, of course, but works great and runs Maven just fine. I use the PGY Tech holder for it.
I meant 32 gig, of course.

Maven only has waypoints. Litchi has follow, orbit, pano, focus and track. It also has waypoints but doesn’t work with the MM
Maven (iOS only) does more than just waypoints with the Mini. I like how the WP info is displayed on the screen showing each WP altitude and distance. The WP and POI positions are easily adjusted with a pad control in the app for extremely fine positioning.

Maven's other Features:
- Virtual Reality, just put your phone (iOS) in a cheap goggle holder with the option of camera head tracking.
- You can set up a customizable Polygon GeoFence and include max/min altitudes.
- It also has an Augmented Reality Localizer so you can visually see your Home Point and POI icon overlaid on your FPV screen so you can visually see your way home when flying.
* Focus Mode is not available with the Mini.

I think he is still working on a "Co-Pilot" mode and an Android version...

Reactions: halifax
Maven (iOS only) does more than just waypoints with the Mini. I like how the WP info is displayed on the screen showing each WP altitude and distance. The WP and POI positions are easily adjusted with a pad control in the app for extremely fine positioning.

Maven's other Features:
- Virtual Reality, just put your phone (iOS) in a cheap goggle holder with the option of camera head tracking.
- You can set up a customizable Polygon GeoFence and include max/min altitudes.
- It also has an Augmented Reality Localizer so you can visually see your Home Point and POI icon overlaid on your FPV screen so you can visually see your way home when flying.
* Focus Mode is not available with the Mini.

I think he is still working on a "Co-Pilot" mode and an Android version...

Yes, this is true. I only use it for its waypoint functionality so I have not really found a use for using the goggles for example.
The way it handles waypoints is awesome however. I use Litchi for everything else.
I’m trying to find a mapping app that is not as heavy as Dronelink. I would live to see this function added to Maven.

Reactions: halifax
Hi everyone!

Do You know if it's possible to use waypoints mode only to move towards?. During that is this possible to change gimbal directions and speed by myself? Similar to Litchi?

Thank you in advance for help

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Do You know if it's possible to use waypoints mode only to move towards?. During that is this possible to change gimbal directions and speed by myself? Similar to Litchi?

Thank you in advance for help
Thanks to @HassoBoxhead, i see the new Maven update and it now has Virtual Copilot in the new release and it works with the Mini. This might be what @drobiu is asking.

It really appears to have some great features! Here's a couple:
- Adjustable ORBIT - You fly controlling all aspects of the orbit- direction, speed, radius height using the sticks while the Copilot aims the camera at your in flight adjustable POI.
- Cable Cam - You control the speed, direction, altitude flying in a straight line between two points and the Copilot aims the camera.

I haven't flown it yet to test but here's a link to a new Maven Copilot video.

QUESTION: To lock the POI position, is the POI using GPS or the drone's video?

Thanks to @HassoBoxhead, i see the new Maven update and it now has Virtual Copilot in the new release and it works with the Mini. This might be what @drobiu is asking.

It really appears to have some great features! Here's a couple:
- Adjustable ORBIT - You fly controlling all aspects of the orbit- direction, speed, radius height using the sticks while the Copilot aims the camera at your in flight adjustable POI.
- Cable Cam - You control the speed, direction, altitude flying in a straight line between two points and the Copilot aims the camera.

I haven't flown it yet to test but here's a link to a new Maven Copilot video.

QUESTION: To lock the POI position, is the POI using GPS or the drone's video?
Oh I didnt mention it... I have MA2

But during that description of new version cable cam mode is what I need. Thanks! Only thing that's I don't have iOS phone... I need to borrow from someone ;)

Since I live on a steep mountainside with lots of nearby ridges and canyons, I recently sent Michele an email asking him about specifying missions in terms of height above ground instead of height above takeoff point. He replied that it wasn't in the current development roadmap, and I already knew that to do so would probably require the use of Google's Elevation.api ... which requires an account and costs money FOR EACH QUERY. I believe that Google's terms and conditions also specify that the result must be displayed on a Google Map ... in the app, in a browser window, or whatever. I'm not surprised that Michele wouldn't necessarily want to mess with all of that. I did find an open source of global elevation data, but as best I can tell it's Linux-based.

Michele told me, though, that he expects the next couple of updates to Maven to feature the ability to import .csv missions from the Litchi mission hub (and Litchi has an option to specify waypoint elevayions as height above ground), and also to allow a drone pilot to actually fly to a desired waypoint to lock in the specs for that waypoint. Both sound pretty useful to me.

I happen to really like Maven for it's simplicity, and the functionality keeps getting better and better without sacrificing that simplicity. The fact that I have the MA2 and neither Litchi nor Dronelink handle the MA2 yet in a bug free manner is another reason of course.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto