DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven for DJI Drones

Thanks for the update. Michele is also keen on an android version for some of us but I understand this is very expensive to do.

Any thoughts on adding additional POI? Limited to 3 with the battery life on the MA2, would be great to have more available.

I just installed the Mavic Maven app. I've done one test session on the Mini-1 with Geofencing and one preset waypoint mission. It performed as advertised, and I'm going to be exploring using it with the MA-2. It appears that the same mission could be flown with both drones then I could do a comparison of the video from both. I like that. Flight log information appears to be correctly saved and was transmitted to a laptop then uploaded to Airdata, so that's good. I'm hoping that by preplanning missions, I can spend less time maneuvering into position and get smooth pictures out of each flight. So far so good. At this time, it's iOS only, and Mini-2 doesn't have an SDK out yet so it's all on DJI at this point.

Thanks appreciate it. I bought & downloaded it.

Now my only thing I didn’t check was either manual camera exposure control or exposure lock. Preferably both, but I have a feeling neither are there.

I’ll have a go and see my next flight. Sorry to pester again do you remember if it has manual exposure or exposure lock? Not the end of the world, I wanted to do a camera mode comparison video and LUT comparison and keeping the exposure locked will help reduce a variable.

Once again thanks I’ll get plenty of use ideas from this app. Though I do hope DJI decides to do a waypoints SDK on-board.
Did you ever determine whether you can manually adjust the camera exposure or exposure lock? I too have just purchased the MAVEN app and was trying to understand all the controls and adjustments available.
Thanks!
Doug

Did you ever determine whether you can manually adjust the camera exposure or exposure lock? I too have just purchased the MAVEN app and was trying to understand all the controls and adjustments available.
Thanks!
Doug
Yes you can adjust everything manually.

Yes you can adjust everything manually.
I saw the window to go from auto to manual but I could not get it to switch. It’s as if it can only stay in auto. Am I missing something? I don’t see anything about switching from auto to manual in the user manual either.

I saw the window to go from auto to manual but I could not get it to switch. It’s as if it can only stay in auto. Am I missing something? I don’t see anything about switching from auto to manual in the user manual either.
I e-mailed the app developer about this and here was his answer:
1) the app have a lot of control, but it’s depends on the connected drones, each drones could have different controls available, example the mavic mini is the one with less capabilities and can't be put in manual so no ISO / aperture / shutter speed, can only correct the exposure.
I had the same issue as you and realized that I couldn't change the camera to "manual."

I e-mailed the app developer about this and here was his answer:
1) the app have a lot of control, but it’s depends on the connected drones, each drones could have different controls available, example the mavic mini is the one with less capabilities and can't be put in manual so no ISO / aperture / shutter speed, can only correct the exposure.
I had the same issue as you and realized that I couldn't change the camera to "manual."
Ok thanks. That’s valuable info. I use a Mini so I will play with the exposure control when using Mavic Maven. Also, I noticed the ISO and ultimately the shutter speed can be changed if I keep taping on the exposure controls i.e the + and - . So there is “manual” control, but it's limited.

I've been trying to figure out options for Android (with MA2) and I found this but the link they provided doen't show the app in the app store.
I would like to sit at my desktop, plan missions and then go out and fly those missions using an android.
Any suggestions?

The new upgrade to 3.8 is a game changer for recreational flights on uneven ground, it is so easy to use. I created 3 flights with the “above ground” option one flying downhill from home position at 100’ down into an altitude of -60’, one from home position of 100’ up to an altitude of 1100’ up a hillside and a third flight with waypoints +200 and -200 from home point and all worked very well.
I always allow a margin of error of 40’ with Google Earth just to make sure.
I will be trying the option of creating waypoints “on the fly” when next out. Not sure how much more functionality he can pack into this brilliant app.

In addition to the v3.8 "Above Ground" waypoint feature, Maven also has a Co-Pilot mode and one of it's options is CableCam that I really like. It allows you to fly on a straight line (cable) between two points while you can control everything else like adjust speed, altitude, orientation. You can use POI or control the camera manually. It also shows on your iOS device screen a "Virtual POI" that is really helpful.

One feature I wish Maven had is Panoramas with auto stitching like Litchi has. I have to make a decision before flying if I want to include a pano, if I do I'll use Litchi. I have asked Michele at Maven several times if he is planning to add panos in the future. He has good customer service and is great at answering questions but he has yet to comment on that request.

Here's a Maven video showing the Mini and Co-Pilot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s