DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maven for DJI Drones

pjbcode1

Reactions
Just wondering if anyone out there is using Maven for DJI Drones as I’m interested in the fact that it supports waypoints in regards to Mavic Mini .

Just wondering if anyone out there is using Maven for DJI Drones as I’m interested in the fact that it supports waypoints in regards to Mavic Mini .
Yes I've been playing with the Mavic Maven app with the mini. It has waypoints and geo fencing and I like it. Simple to setup waypoints and easy to see important info on screen at each wp like altitude, camera direction, speed etc. Was using the beta testing program but I haven't used it lately.

Dronelink also supports waypoints for the Mini 1. None of the third-party apps currently support the Mini 2.

Yes I've been playing with the Mavic Maven app with the mini. It has waypoints and geo fencing and I like it. Simple to setup waypoints and easy to see important info on screen at each wp like altitude, camera direction, speed etc. Was using the beta testing program but I haven't used it lately.
Thanks for the info

Last edited by a moderator:
in the video description there’s a link to download the beta
I have a couple of questions before purchasing:
1) I mainly fly my MA2 with an iPad Mini5 and my Mini1 using an iPhone7Plus. I first plan to fully test the Maven App installed on my iPhone7Plus running the Mini1 then once I feel confident of the Apps stability and hopefully no Fly Aways or mishaps I will then fully utilize its use on the MA2 installed on the iPad Mini5. When that time comes will I have to pay again to install Maven on my iPad mini5?
2) I plan to soon upgrade my iPhone7Plus to the new iPhone12ProMax, will I have to pay for Maven again to install it when I upgrade my iPhone?

I have a couple of questions before purchasing:
1) I mainly fly my MA2 with an iPad Mini5 and my Mini1 using an iPhone7Plus. I first plan to fully test the Maven App installed on my iPhone7Plus running the Mini1 then once I feel confident of the Apps stability and hopefully no Fly Aways or mishaps I will then fully utilize its use on the MA2 installed on the iPad Mini5. When that time comes will I have to pay again to install Maven on my iPad mini5?
2) I plan to soon upgrade my iPhone7Plus to the new iPhone12ProMax, will I have to pay for Maven again to install it when I upgrade my iPhone?
Like any apps, once bought, can be deleted and reinstalled anytime on any device with the same Apple ID

Reactions: maytag21
I’m very happy with Maven. I have Mini1 and have been making increasingly complicated waypoint missions. It’s been totally dependable so far. I also have litchi and Dronelink but keep going back to Maven for waypoint missions. When I exhaust waypoint missions I’ll go to the more complicated apps. I have trust issues and ease into everything. I’d recommend Maven.

Reactions: sarniac and Mitch76
I’m very happy with Maven. I have Mini1 and have been making increasingly complicated waypoint missions. It’s been totally dependable so far. I also have litchi and Dronelink but keep going back to Maven for waypoint missions. When I exhaust waypoint missions I’ll go to the more complicated apps. I have trust issues and ease into everything. I’d recommend Maven.

Maven is my go to app for waypoint missions.

Reactions: Mitch76
I have recently purchased the Maven app for my MA2. It looks very straight forward to set up a mission, just haven't had the weather in the UK to let me try it out!
got out today and am well impressed with this.... once I realised that the ‘mission stopped’ warning was because I wasn’t in cine mode.

Last edited:
I have recently purchased the Maven app for my MA2. It looks very straight forward to set up a mission, just haven't had the weather in the UK to let me try it out!
got out today and am well impressed with this.... once I realised that the ‘mission stopped’ warning was because I wasn’t in cine mode.
Looks great! I’ve read a few reviews and seems suited to the task. I can’t find if you can save waypoint missions. I just want to confirm I assume it does. Just want to check before I buy.

Looks great! I’ve read a few reviews and seems suited to the task. I can’t find if you can save waypoint missions. I just want to confirm I assume it does. Just want to check before I buy.
waypoint mission are saved with picture preview too
IMG_1293.PNG

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
waypoint mission are saved with picture preview too
View attachment 122891
Thanks appreciate it. I bought & downloaded it.

Now my only thing I didn’t check was either manual camera exposure control or exposure lock. Preferably both, but I have a feeling neither are there.

I’ll have a go and see my next flight. Sorry to pester again do you remember if it has manual exposure or exposure lock? Not the end of the world, I wanted to do a camera mode comparison video and LUT comparison and keeping the exposure locked will help reduce a variable.

Once again thanks I’ll get plenty of use ideas from this app. Though I do hope DJI decides to do a waypoints SDK on-board.

Im very keen on this option.

Can I ask if the waypoint mission stops if the RC disconnects even briefly? I plan to fly around trees/ some buildings where it tends to then disconnect. My Mavic Mini RC quality signal is still quite limited (compared to my Mini 2 with Occusync and Alientech).

As a novice waypoint mission flyer, top tip - make sure when you create the mission that it is where you want it to be! I created 3 missions to test Maven, but somehow managed to make one of them in a field a mile away! Was just about to hit start, when I noticed the long dotted line to the first waypoint!!

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Still wondering if there is an android version?

Thanks. Be keen to try it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580