DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavi pro repair

Uh-oh! I'm on the other side of the "pond" so can't help with repairs in Spain. But I've replaced the gimbal ribbon on my Mavic Pro twice. It's a bit tedious, but about an hour of patience and a gimbal ribbon (about $15 US) on Amazon, a YouTube video, and the right tools, you can save yourself a bunch of money.

Uh-oh! I'm on the other side of the "pond" so can't help with repairs in Spain. But I've replaced the gimbal ribbon on my Mavic Pro twice. It's a bit tedious, but about an hour of patience and a gimbal ribbon (about $15 US) on Amazon, a YouTube video, and the right tools, you can save yourself a bunch of money.
I can attest to this as I just completed this task last week. The thing the you tube videos didn't describe well enough was the amount of black "stick-um" gluing the connections together. No one ever mentions replacing it either so take a little more time and remove that black silicone so it doesn't prevent you from getting a good connection as you put it back together.

Also, check out your gimbal mount. If it is stretched or torn, you will need to replace it also.

Yep, your are right. Had to re-do my first attempt because of left of lack glue preventing connection. And I haven't replaced for either job and have not had any issues because of it.

First time I changed was because of a crash.

The second time I replaced ribbon was because of a crash...but the gimbal worked for a couple weeks after the crash. Crash caused by prop coming off that I did not CHECK before taking off. Ugh! Gimbal worked for about a week and I noticed "twitches" in my videos. Didn't know why. Then week later, gimbal motor overload message on screen at start-up. Did not relate it to the crash immediately.

Anyway, glad you are up and flying again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan A