DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic² pro top speed go4 app

Cloudman

Reactions
Hey anybody wants to post there top speed here from their m2ps go on the go 4 app feel free to do so im trying to see who the fastest out there i will also post my top speed with a video im surprised no one has done this yet

Reactions: Cloudman
I have this thread I did for the Mavic Air. Official Mavic Air Sport Leaderboard!
Will there be any kind of rules? Or just post and go? ?
How bout this you set it up screen shot from the go 4 app or a video because ive heard some say the go4 app lies so ill put up a video for the none believers your thread is pretty official im using tail wind as well so im trying to hit 100mph with my mavic² pro

Reactions: Drone Master
How bout this you set it up screen shot from the go 4 app or a video because ive heard some say the go4 app lies so ill put up a video for the none believers your thread is pretty official im using tail wind as well so im trying to hit 100mph with my mavic² pro
That will be a cool feat! Let me know when you hit the 100 MPH mark with the M2!:)

The GO app flat out lies. It says I flew up to 789 ft AGL but I've always had it limited to 395 ft. None of my flights show 789 ft either. I don't know where they are getting this from but I hope the FAA never audits me!Screenshot_20200309-023330.jpg

• Haha
The GO app flat out lies. It says I flew up to 789 ft AGL
It says Top Altitude - Without knowing where the flight took place, I assume that's relative to AMSL

Reactions: GadgetGuy
It's top altitude but it is not top altitude AMSL. DJI cannot calculate AMSL. It's top altitude above your home point, and it is likely a barometric miscalculation, if it is in error. Could also be completely legal, if you were simply climbing up a mountain slope from the base, while flying under 400' AGL along the slope. Only real limit is 500m above your home point, which can also be legally exceeded during mounting climbing, but not without removing the arbitrary DJI 500m altitude limit. EVO allows 2600' above the home point.

Never climbed up any mountains here. None of my flights in the list actually say 789, they all are 398 or less.

My city/areas I've flown are all 350-500ft AMSL so maybe he's onto something. 391 + 398 = 789 which would be in range.

Never climbed up any mountains here. None of my flights in the list actually say 789, they all are 398 or less.

My city/areas I've flown are all 350-500ft AMSL so maybe he's onto something. 391 + 398 = 789 which would be in range.
Actually, after reviewing my own values, it has to be ASML, most likely calculated from the GPS elevation, which can easily be off, depending upon the number of satellites in view. Mine calls it "Maximum Takeoff Altitude" on iOS, which helps clarify the meaning. My highest value was from a flight at 3700' in the mountains where I only flew up 200 feet. Check your flight log on June 15, 2018. It will show you where you flew from on the day that generated that 789' value.

Last edited:
The GO app flat out lies. It says I flew up to 789 ft AGL but I've always had it limited to 395 ft. None of my flights show 789 ft either. I don't know where they are getting this from but I hope the FAA never audits me!View attachment 96171
I'm pretty sure that's 'Above Sea Level' altitude. So if you are taking off from e.g. 700 ft ASL, it means that you have gone up an additional 89.2 ft above your take-off point.

I'm pretty sure that's 'Above Sea Level' altitude. So if you are taking off from e.g. 700 ft ASL, it means that you have gone up an additional 89.2 ft above your take-off point.
It is named "Maximum Takeoff Altitude" on my main GO 4 flight log screen, so it should be the takeoff elevation AMSL, without including the flight elevation above it.

It is named "Maximum Takeoff Altitude" on my main GO 4 flight log screen, so it should be the takeoff elevation AMSL, without including the flight elevation above it.
Yes - good point ... However, now I'm mystified as to what that figure is actually telling us ... My 'Top Altitude' is recorded as 330.2 metres - with a date of 3rd November 2019. If I look at the flight log for that date, I can see that I took off from a point that is 213ft / 64 metres ASL (confirmed by UK topographical map) ... I was altitude limiting to 120 metres, so even going to max height, I'd have been 184 metres ... I really don't know where Go4 has got the 330.2 from????

I really don't know where Go4 has got the 330.2 from????
Have you tried to view the flight in Airdata or view the .CSV files with Excel?

Have you tried to view the flight in Airdata or view the .CSV files with Excel?
No - I've not got into it that deeply, but as I said above, I've looked up the ASL altitude of the take-off point on the UK maps to get the most accurate 'actual' take-off altitude, and I know that I had Go4 set to limit to 120 metres above the take-off point. I'll see if I can dig out the log files and look at what they say ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marriedwithchildren