DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 battery lifetime

e-adler

Reactions
What is your experience with the lifetime of Mavic 2 batteries ?
I used three for about 16 months with 65-70 charging cycles strictly according to safety guidelines by DJI.
One has shortage in electrolyte and the other two seem swollen under the type label.
Is this to be considered normal ?

No, it's not normal and you should avoid using swollen batteries for your and your drone's safety.

I have 3 M2 batteries. 1 was mfg'ed in 8/18 and the other 2 were mfg'ed in 11/18. I Hvw no problems with them. I very rarely fly in sport mode and have slowed many functions down (yaw, gimbal, etc) in the Go4 app to smooth the drone's movements. Do you fly in sport mode much?

I have 3 M2 batteries. 1 was mfg'ed in 8/18 and the other 2 were mfg'ed in 11/18. I Hvw no problems with them. I very rarely fly in sport mode and have slowed many functions down (yaw, gimbal, etc) in the Go4 app to smooth the drone's movements. Do you fly in sport mode much?
No, nearly never in sport mode, mostly photography (OK, with acceleration in between), a lot 360° panoramas, few videos, then cinematic mode.
Batteries (10/18) are charged after flying, used on the average at least once a week down to 25%. Auto discharge after 6 days. No extreme temperatures, but use all over the year. Swelling is about 1 mm. Probably full charging before flying or auto discharge after 2 days could be better, then batteries aren't always fully charged.

Reactions: E90RAW
German support told me, that swollen batteries can be replaced even after more than 12 months, because previous firmware set auto discharge to 10 days.
This behaviour resulted in significant count of swollen batteries and is corrected in actual firmware versions to 3 days. The value should be checked for each battery.
It's important not to have batteries permanently fully charged.

Reactions: Rangerider
Ive done my own internal study comparing sport mode to "P" on the batteries. My batts are 45-50 cycles approximately. I fly a lot of sport mode. I did not see any appreciable difference. The voltages in the cells drop more in sport but not to dangerous levels. The temp seems consistent between the two modes. The main thing I noticed was the temp started to rise towards 50 Celsius in both modes when I went under 10%. Even with flight time

You say you charge after flying. You do know you should wait till the batteries cool down before charging.

Reactions: Mr Shamrok
You say you charge after flying. You do know you should wait till the batteries cool down before charging.
If you're using DJI chargers and charging stations they won't let you charge the battery until it cools down. I can't speak about aftermarket chargers since I don't use any.

Reactions: Rangerider

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111