DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Compass Calibration requested?

Has your Mavic 2 needed compass calibration after your first flight?

• No, it has not requested it after more than 3 flights.

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • No it has not needed after more than 10 flights.

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Yes it has requested it before every flight.

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Yes it has requested it every few flights.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Yes it has requested it, but only after 10 flights or more.

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
The member said that he/she has had to calibrate it every time.
Actually, the statement was that it didn't request the calibration for the first 5/6 flights.

Actually, the statement was that it didn't request the calibration for the first 5/6 flights.

But now it's requesting it every single time. Sounds like a hardware problem to me. For the non-mechanical, non-scientific types out there, I would suggest they send it back to DJI.

Our Ironmen/women members have logged hundreds of flight hours with their M2's already. If anyone is getting a consistent compass error on the ground, dont play with fire. Either return it for a different bird, or send it in to DJI.

While our resident scientists are trying to figure out why some M2's need calibration and others dont, a simple answer is this. If your compass requires calibration, do a few spins to calibrate it, and go fly.

Only 2 out of 17 (12%) members find it needs calibration before every flight. I have had some Mavics, Airs, Phantoms and Sparks that did too. It doesnt worry me too much as long as it doesnt lose calibration during flight.
I don't have a Mavic Pro 2 but have a MPP and I only calibrated one time and never ask for calibration... Extremely stable. You can tell that the Mavic Pro 2 needs a few firmware updates to get the stability it needs.

I don't have a Mavic Pro 2 but have a MPP and I only calibrated one time and never ask for calibration... Extremely stable. You can tell that the Mavic Pro 2 needs a few firmware updates to get the stability it needs.

I don't think it's a stability issue - it appears that DJI has inserted code that checks for both time and distance from last calibration.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keith Milligan