DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Compasses locations?

conchman

Reactions
Both my Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro became magnetized on a weekend trip the other day, maybe I had them near speakers or something. Both drones had Compass/Magnetization errors and would not calibrate, even in different locations.

I just used the Cfixer de-magnetization tool and it worked on the MP, before I try it on the M2P, are the compasses in the same locations? I didn't see anything on youtube for that.

Both my Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro became magnetized on a weekend trip the other day, maybe I had them near speakers or something. Both drones had Compass/Magnetization errors and would not calibrate, even in different locations.

I just used the Cfixer de-magnetization tool and it worked on the MP, before I try it on the M2P, are the compasses in the same locations? I didn't see anything on youtube for that.

Sorry, I don't recall but someone did post its location - and yes "its" means only one in the Mavic 2 series, if I recall.

Well l used the Cfixer on the M2P the same way as on the MP, and it worked. No more errors show up, nor was calibration needed. Doesn't the MP have 3 compasses? The M2P only one?

I hope maybe @Thunderdrones can definitively tell us where the Mavic 2 compass is located.

Well, I found a pictorial answer to the location which was an answer to MY question about location. I can't vouch for the answer. Post 23:

Last edited:
Well l used the Cfixer on the M2P the same way as on the MP, and it worked. No more errors show up, nor was calibration needed. Doesn't the MP have 3 compasses? The M2P only one?

The Mavic 2 only has one compass but it does have two IMUs for redundancy.

The original Mavic Pro had two compasses, one located up front soldered to the ESC board and one combined with the GPS module on the top/rear.

I am pretty sure on the Mavic 2 the compass is integrated into the GPS assembly on the top/front area above the gimbal, as it only has the one compass.

Reactions: conchman and ff22
The Mavic 2 only has one compass but it does have two IMUs for redundancy.

The original Mavic Pro had two compasses, one located up front soldered to the ESC board and one combined with the GPS module on the top/rear.

I am pretty sure on the Mavic 2 the compass is integrated into the GPS assembly on the top/front area above the gimbal, as it only has the one compass.

Thanks.

How does one find out this "stuff?" I asked in the DJI forum and was asked by a moderator "why I wanted to know!" BECAUSE! Obviously, top secret, proprietary information.

Thanks.

How does one find out this "stuff?" I asked in the DJI forum and was asked by a moderator "why I wanted to know!" BECAUSE! Obviously, top secret, proprietary information.

It's not easy for the Mavic 2 - it's easier for the Mavic 1 because it's been around for so long. Basically YouTube teardown videos, deep-diving on other forums, a little bit of educated guessing, etc.

This is a good teardown of the Mavic 2 with high quality photos, but it does not specifically mention the compass - just looking at it though I'd be really surprised if it wasn't on the GPS board, otherwise it would be buried:

DJI Mavic 2 Teardown: What’s inside? - RC Geeks Blog

Reactions: ff22
Looking for some help. Fired up my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday and compass was out of calibration. I recalibrated, which was successful, however, within a few minutes the Mavic 2 Pro lost calibration again. Any thoughts, insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Looking for some help. Fired up my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday and compass was out of calibration. I recalibrated, which was successful, however, within a few minutes the Mavic 2 Pro lost calibration again. Any thoughts, insights would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Metal can throw off the calibration. Metal such as flying from the bed of a pickup truck or roof of a car. Rebar in large concrete pads or other hidden metal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom