Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 crash on landing

Chrisjako

Reactions
Hey Guys

I have been using my IPhone X for the video of the controller

I bought the smart controller which uses android

On my first fight I hit RTH and canceled it when it was directly above me. I then landed it manually. When I went to land it, it didn’t slow down and hit the ground (concrete balcony) and spun a hit and I got it to land.

This has never happened before and I believe there could be some error

I have attached the dat file

I want to know if any one can tell me what happened.

It’s in the last minute of the flight.

Dropbox - 19-01-30-06-46-48_FLY076.DAT

I spoke to DJI and have not had much luck so far

Much appreciated

DAT is encrypted
LogViewer/Upload

DJI can read the DAT but only them!

This is a mobile device DAT - we can read those. Only the aircraft DAT files cannot be decrypted.

Hey Guys

I have been using my IPhone X for the video of the controller

I bought the smart controller which uses android

On my first fight I hit RTH and canceled it when it was directly above me. I then landed it manually. When I went to land it, it didn’t slow down and hit the ground (concrete balcony) and spun a hit and I got it to land.

This has never happened before and I believe there could be some error

I have attached the dat file

I want to know if any one can tell me what happened.

It’s in the last minute of the flight.

Dropbox - 19-01-30-06-46-48_FLY076.DAT

I spoke to DJI and have not had much luck so far

Much appreciated

That's the wrong DAT file - it doesn't describe a flight.

This is a mobile device DAT - we can read those. Only the aircraft DAT files cannot be decrypted.

That's the wrong DAT file - it doesn't describe a flight.

What file do I need? I have the flight log txt which I reviewed but could not see much from it.

Attachments

• djiflightrecord_2019-01-30_[18-48-28].txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: RogerMav
What file do I need? I have the flight log txt which I reviewed but could not see much from it.

OK - that txt log confirms that the DAT file (FLY076.DAT) that you posted previously was the correct file after all - the Mac version of DatCon was having trouble decoding it. The Windows version converted it properly. I'll take a look.

Reactions: RogerMav
OK - the vision height system appears to have failed, and so it never saw the ground coming.

728.859 : 44721 [L-RC]Start landing. rc vib!
729.697 : {root}INFO:eram write time out, index:0, 0x20000700||
729.957 : 44776 [L-FDI]NS(0) TOF(0): fault on, disconnect
730.016 : 44779 [L-FDI]NS(0) TOF(0): fault off, disconnect
730.271 : 44791 [L-NS][AHRS] connect us :1
730.278 : 44792 [L-FDI]ULTRASONIC(0): fault off, disconnect
730.434 : 44799 [L-NS][AHRS] connect us :0
730.735 : 44815 [L-FDI]ULTRASONIC(0): fault on, disconnect
731.513 : 44854 [L-FDI]NS(0) TOF(0): fault on, disconnect
732.013 : 44879 [L-GEO][nfz_flight_monitor]flight connect changed! 1 -> 0|
732.013 : 44879 [L-GEO][set_flight_err]err:NONE=>FLIGHT_ERR|

Reactions: 747P4 and RogerMav
Wow. Thank you for that.

What do you suggest I do? Is this a software fault or hardware fault. Do you think I contact DJI ? It could cause major damage

Wow. Thank you for that.

What do you suggest I do? Is this a software fault or hardware fault. Do you think I contact DJI ? It could cause major damage

If it still flies, I would do a careful test flight and then check the DAT file again. That flight log was full of errors relating that system. If it keeps doing that then it will probably require repair.

If it still flies, I would do a careful test flight and then check the DAT file again. That flight log was full of errors relating that system. If it keeps doing that then it will probably require repair.

Is this the first time you have seen this system fail?
Can it be re-calibrated by the user or does it have to be sent back to DJI?
Thanks.

Thanks.

I haven't seen that before. The vision system can be calibrated - worth trying if those errors persist.

I haven't seen that before. The vision system can be calibrated - worth trying if those errors persist.

Appreciate the quick response.
I will be setting up my M2P for first flight after testing the M2Z this week. No amount of prep can prepare you for things like this. More importantly for myself is I fly in very close areas to roads, cables and much of my flights are over water. That said I have now compounded many possible "threat factors" but being prepared does mitigate some variables,

OK - that txt log confirms that the DAT file (FLY076.DAT) that you posted previously was the correct file after all - the Mac version of DatCon was having trouble decoding it. The Windows version converted it properly. I'll take a look.
There was another user having a problem with the Mac version. Don't know specifically what the symptoms were but the problem went away when he installed a newer version of Java.

Reactions: sar104
There was another user having a problem with the Mac version. Don't know specifically what the symptoms were but the problem went away when he installed a newer version of Java.

I should do that - I was primarily holding off because I didn't want to break DatCon completely, but I now have Windows 10 running under VirtualBox so it's much less of a concern.

Reactions: BudWalker
Thanks.

I spoke to DJI tech and said
Refresh the firmware
Reset to factory defaults
Carry out IMU calibration

I will do that and then see if there’s not errors occurring.

Thanks for your help

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito