DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2, DJI Go 4, RTH lands without returning

markyga

Reactions
Is it just me, or did DJI royally screw up the RTH functionality in the DJI Go 4 app? Ever since my last firmware update, pressing the RTH symbol (the circle with the H in the middle) in the app causes my Mavic to land in place without coming back to me. Not good. Is anyone else having this issue? BTW, pressing (and holding) the RTH button on the controller works fine, thank goodness!

Is it just me, or did DJI royally screw up the RTH functionality in the DJI Go 4 app? Ever since my last firmware update, pressing the RTH symbol (the circle with the H in the middle) in the app causes my Mavic to land in place without coming back to me. Not good. Is anyone else having this issue? BTW, pressing (and holding) the RTH button on the controller works fine, thank goodness!

I have not had a chance to check this on the Mavic 2 but on I have noticed on the Air 2 that if the Drone Remotes Lands and turn off or Disconnects it is resetting the home point from that position which is no good. Im wondering if your drone reset the Home Point ?

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO

I haven't tested this myself yet, but it is normal for the drone to just land at its present location when you press RTH IF the drone is between 3-20 meters away. You have to be greater than 20 meters away for it to fly back to you. Otherwise, it just lands where it is. There are many youtube videos explaining this. There are many other details you should be aware of.

I'd guess it's probably just you.
Possibly you thought you pressed the RTH screen button but actually pressed the land immediately screen button?
We can't tell what distance away you were and that can be a factor in RTH behaviour.
But without seeing your flight data, no-one can tell what actually happened.

Make sure your rth setting current altitude is enabled.. If this is not set the drone will just land if it's between 5 and 20 meters away, if it is enabled the drone will return at current altitude.. Less than 5 meters away it will just land. There is a separate setting for rth altitude where you can see the height which the ac will climb to if more the 20 meters away. If you were further than 20 meters away and it just landed then post your logs like meta4 said.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143