DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and 3rd Party Apps

overdrive148

Reactions
Hey guys! I just picked up a Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and I'm looking for a better mapping program than DJI Pilot. Ground Station Pro would be great except that the Smart Controller is Android based. I tried installing Litchi through the Amazon Appstore method using the walkthrough on their website and the app is able to launch but does not give me a video feed or any telemetry - just my current location on the minimap.

Does anyone have any 3rd party apps able to do mapping that are compatible with the M2EA + Smart Controller setup that they'd recommend? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! I just picked up a Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and I'm looking for a better mapping program than DJI Pilot. Ground Station Pro would be great except that the Smart Controller is Android based. I tried installing Litchi through the Amazon Appstore method using the walkthrough on their website and the app is able to launch but does not give me a video feed or any telemetry - just my current location on the minimap.

Does anyone have any 3rd party apps able to do mapping that are compatible with the M2EA + Smart Controller setup that they'd recommend? Thanks in advance!
As far as I can tell there is no SDk for M2EA yet so you are stuck with the Pilot app.

I don’t know about GS Pro but it doesn’t list the M2EA as being compatible so I wouldn’t count on it.

Reactions: overdrive148
Sent a message to Litchi on their Facebook page last night asking about M2EA and its compatibility. Their response:

11209672_1174659185881280_4294189030924268090_n.png

Litchi sent Today at 05:30​

Hi, M2EA is not supported in the DJI SDK yet so won't work with Litchi. ALso note we do not generally add official support for enterprise drones so there is no guarantee it will ever work. We do not purchase these drones so we don't test on them

Sent a message to Litchi on their Facebook page last night asking about M2EA and its compatibility. Their response:

11209672_1174659185881280_4294189030924268090_n.png

Litchi sent Today at 05:30​

Hi, M2EA is not supported in the DJI SDK yet so won't work with Litchi. ALso note we do not generally add official support for enterprise drones so there is no guarantee it will ever work. We do not purchase these drones so we don't test on them
So no third party apps will work till DJI releases an SDK.

So I have an Inspire 2 with Cendence remote and Crystal sky so it’s a similar situation to you. I use my secondary controller and iPhone to connect to the drone and run mapping missions through Drone Deploy.

I then connect my Cendence controller and Crystal sky as a secondary controller so I can still make use of the bright Crystal sky display for the live view and effectively have a dual screen set up. I use the Crystal sky to monitor the live view and keep the map up on my iPhone.

It’s not a prefect situation but having the dual screens is kinda nice. The controllers for the Inspire 2 are massive compared to the Mavic remote so it should be more convenient for you then it is for me.

This will of course only be an option for you once the SDk comes out.

Reactions: overdrive148
Also heard back from UGCS:

"Thank you for reaching out to us!

The MSDK for Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced will available in the next months. After that, we will start analysis for development.

If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me."

Did you ever figure out a way yet?

Hi @overdrive148

I am a new member and am in the same position as you. I wish I had read this forum before I spent so long trying to get Litchi and DroneDeploy to work on my M2EA! Now I understand its not possible yet.

If you ever find a solution, please can you post it and I will do the same.

Thanks.

Will do - no luck yet, but the best bet is that UGCS is working with the M2EA's SDK (released in late June of this year). Hoping they come out with something usable!

Thanks @overdrive148. I have tried the standard controller I got with my M2ED and an Android device and got a successful link to the M2EA but it didn't work.

I can't think of anything else to try now so yes, as you say, the UGCS option is going to be the best bet.

How does one know when they release something? I am a DroneDeploy subscriber, but have not used UGCS yet.

Thanks and have a good day.

I’ve had the Enterprise dual & M2P both with the SC for several years & in my opinion it’s not a good idea to add third party apps to the SC. I’ve always had to delete them for the updates or do radical cleaning to allow sufficient space for the update. Also I did try Litchi and having been spoilt by Autopilot with my Inspire, I found Litchi disappointing, most specifically, it’s difficult to get smooth corners in waypoints, a real pain when doing complicated video work. It depends on how much money or work you have but Drone Deploy is the gold standard for serious mapping.

Hi there. Have you tried Drone Harmony? It works well for me. Easy install on my smart controller and flies missions well. 3D Mobile App for Drone Data Capture

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa