DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, First Impressions

A few simple tests indicate that it is FFC failure, presumably due to the shutter not closing to perform the FFC. If I disable auto FFC and perform a manual FFC with a uniform temperature object filling the field of view, then the camera works fine. Performing an FFC with an actual view fails because the shutter doesn't close, leading to the actual image being subtracted in the calibration - hence hot objects then ghosting as cold when the camera view moves.

The camera module does click on FFC, but presumably that's the solenoid attempting to function but failing to close the shutter.

So the system is usable with a manual FFC before flight and auto FFC disabled. Not optimal though, obviously.
Sorry to hear that. I have had numerous problems with 3 different M2EA. Each was replaced under DJI Enterprise Care at no charge. Unfortunately my Care Renew ends in a few weeks.

If you still have Care you should be fine.
If not, I think pricing from the DJI repair facility in CA was $2490 but that could of went down.

Cloud City drones is my go to for OEM DJI gimbals as I know I am getting brand new original parts.
They do have the full assembly if you want to self repair.

As much as I love my DJI products, my next thermal may be the FLIR SIRAS. The pricing and final assembly in the USA is tempting for me and 4 different FLIR thermal cameras I have are still problem free to this day, even a Lepton sensor in a CAT S60 phone that was used to take a picture of the sun, lol. It had problems after the sun image, but after use, they cleared.

Let us know how you make out!

Sorry to hear that. I have had numerous problems with 3 different M2EA. Each was replaced under DJI Enterprise Care at no charge. Unfortunately my Care Renew ends in a few weeks.

If you still have Care you should be fine.
If not, I think pricing from the DJI repair facility in CA was $2490 but that could of went down.

Cloud City drones is my go to for OEM DJI gimbals as I know I am getting brand new original parts.
They do have the full assembly if you want to self repair.

As much as I love my DJI products, my next thermal may be the FLIR SIRAS. The pricing and final assembly in the USA is tempting for me and 4 different FLIR thermal cameras I have are still problem free to this day, even a Lepton sensor in a CAT S60 phone that was used to take a picture of the sun, lol. It had problems after the sun image, but after use, they cleared.

Let us know how you make out!
Unfortunately Care has expired on mine. I'll open a ticket and see what they suggest.

Since the main purpose of this aircraft is SAR, I could probably also live with manual FFC. I did a few more tests and it turns out that the shutter is partially closing on FFC. It appears to come in on a diagonal, and the lower left ⅓ or so calibrates properly, while the rest calibrates on the camera view and causes the ghosting.

Reactions: jaja6009
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser