DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 latest firmware? 1.00.0790

The only reason I updated to .0770 was a fix that prevented bricking batteries. I see no reason to update to .0790 until I know exactly what it does to my M2Pro.
I guess one of the "fixes" is to prevent Drone-Hacks from working.
If it ain't broken, don't fix it :)
Yeah. Had that DH too lol

Reactions: ClaudioNC
Ok so I rarely fly the M2P anymore but still like to bring it out every 3rd month or so to make sure everything is in order. I went to charge my 2 batteries today and one of them is bricking at two lights and won't charge any further. I put it in the bird and it won't link up to the drone...not sure why as last time I used it all was well with both batteries & they each have under 30 charge cycles. I noticed there were 2 firmware updates since I last used it but I never downloaded them so why the bricking?...So technically the fix is to hook up the drone directly to the PC to fix the issue with new firmware I guess?... but I do not want anything to do with it as it flies flawlessly and updating a 5 year old unit with problems doesn't pass the smell test IMO. Is there any way to fix the bricking battery w/out updating the firmware? Whole thing seems awfully strange to me..

Thanks!

So technically the fix is to hook up the drone directly to the PC to fix the issue with new firmware I guess
That will not solve your issue.
Countless times I’ve seen “update” referred to as a cure all.

So…? Any folksy wisdom you can provide to help?
I’m not going to call this wisdom, but the solution would be to replace the battery. They do have a lifespan. Without knowing it‘s exact history and usage, no way for me to know what it’s lifespan should be.

I’m not going to call this wisdom, but the solution would be to replace the battery. They do have a lifespan. Without knowing it‘s exact history and usage, no way for me to know what it’s lifespan should be.
9 months old w/28 charge cycles. The only reason I cannot refresh it on the PC is because it doesn’t have at least 40% battery or else I’m probably be golden. I saw a few YouTube videos were the same thing happened but when it did they had 50% or more with regard to charge so I’m looking for a workaround. Battery should be perfect.

There may be some form of solution that would bring it back to life. Hopefully that will work. Based on what is described, I think it’s odd also.

App will not permit an upgrade without 40% battery. I’m just wondering if there’s a manual way to get enough charge necessary to perform the firmware refresh?

App will not permit an upgrade without 40% battery. I’m just wondering if there’s a manual way to get enough charge necessary to perform the firmware refresh?
I’m not convinced this can be resolved with anything related to firmware.

For ANY Firmware roll-outs, I usually wait for a week or so, before I make any decisions.
With so many YouTube Drone "Experts" broadcasting their findings/opinions, there's usually a plethora of information available to base your decision around.
I recieved a brand new, unflown, M2P FMC, just over a week ago, and, I'm hoping that the recent update, is simply paving the way, to add RID Functionality to the Mavic 2.
(Hey, I can hope, right?! Lol🤞🏻)

DJI has always been tight lipped about what bugs are fixed in firmware. Some people might view it as bait (in which case, you might be afraid to download that scary new DJI restriction), others figured that they don't mention the bugs fixed because it opens them up to litigation for aircrafts crashed (in which case you're potential skipping a fix that causes the aircraft to fly better).

Your choice.
I've never updated my mav2 and it works great to this day. Just made a lil vid on youtube.

The M2P I just bought off eBay already came with the latest .790 firmware which No Limit Drones lists as being impossible to roll back, so till death do I part with that update whether I like it or not. No Limit Drones can disable NFZ, remove the altitude cap and boost the maximum airspeed, so it will still be worth my buying a third license for this new-to-me M2P.

I cannot comment on the effects of that firmware update because the drone lost its connection with my iPad and the nice crisp video camera image I'd been using to calibrate the gimbal minutes earlier was inexplicably replaced with a black screen and disconnection notice when I took the drone out for its first test flight.

just a quick update, i have 2 mavic 2, 1 pro and 1 zoom, the pro has the old .770 fw while the zoom has the .990, both have been DH'd and havent seen any issues so far, I always use the zoom currently and it still flies reliably.

Reactions: waynorth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1