DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 model confusion

Things might have changed but when I purchased the Zoom from DJI I did not pay sales tax. One of the reasons I did not go with Amazon. WA state and, again, things might have changed in a little over a year.
Yes, they all changed within the last 6 months when DJI, B&H and Adorama all started charging local state sales tax based upon your state, and Amazon did so over a year ago. Some Amazon marketplace sellers still don't charge sales tax, and djidroneservice still wasn't charging any as of December, for out of state sales.

Yes, they all changed within the last 6 months when DJI, B&H and Adorama all started charging local state sales tax based upon your state, and Amazon did so over a year ago. Some Amazon marketplace sellers still don't charge sales tax, and djidroneservice still wasn't charging any as of December, for out of state sales.
Well, in the home state of Amazon, I've always had to pay sales tax (10%+ in WA state). I recently opted for the B&H credit card where they rebate you back the sales tax. 10% on a Zoom and FlyMore kit starts adding up to real money!!!

Reactions: PAW
Well, in the home state of Amazon, I've always had to pay sales tax (10%+ in WA state). I recently opted for the B&H credit card where they rebate you back the sales tax. 10% on a Zoom and FlyMore kit starts adding up to real money!!!
I suppose that is another option. However the onerous terms of that 3rd party Payboo credit card are so good for the CC issuer that they actually are willing to prepay your sales tax to B&H on your behalf, to force you to charge the purchase to their CC, instead of your usual CC or PayPal. Payboo intends to make so much more than the sales tax they prepaid by charging you 28% APR interest and monthly $30 late fees, hoping you miss deadlines along the way to repaying the principle, plus their outrageous interest rate. They are counting on your screwing up! I don't trust myself! I'd rather pay the sales tax upfront, and cut my losses, so I don't have to play "dodge the bullet" with them every month!

Reactions: Thomas B
Following up. I went with Mavic 2 Pro. Unboxed tonight, and it is MAGNIFICENT!!! It is solid, very robust, and I am quite excited to begin flights with it. There is only one flaw which to me is quite a "boo-boo" on DJI's part - why in the world did they make the three access covers for the SD, the USB and the link status so incredibly FLIMSY??? I really don't understand that.
On a related note, for those who use the M2P; on my Mavic Pro, I routinely popped out the microSD and used it in an adapter to very quickly copy off files to a laptop. Do you now, on the M2P, find it better and/or faster to pop out the microSD, or use the USB cord to transfer files?

Reactions: xspwhite
Following up. I went with Mavic 2 Pro. Unboxed tonight, and it is MAGNIFICENT!!! It is solid, very robust, and I am quite excited to begin flights with it. There is only one flaw which to me is quite a "boo-boo" on DJI's part - why in the world did they make the three access covers for the SD, the USB and the link status so incredibly FLIMSY??? I really don't understand that.
On a related note, for those who use the M2P; on my Mavic Pro, I routinely popped out the microSD and used it in an adapter to very quickly copy off files to a laptop. Do you now, on the M2P, find it better and/or faster to pop out the microSD, or use the USB cord to transfer files?
Congrats!
Don’t worry about the doors you mention, just use common sense and don’t try to completely remove them. I questioned that too, but I change my SD card with each battery change and well over a thousand flights with no problems there.
Both methods seem to be used. Since I change cards as above, I use an SD card reader. This also doesn’t necessitate any of the drone equipment being on.
It did take me a while to remember that the SD card goes in upside down relative to all my cameras, etc.

Got my M2P from SSE Video. Don't recall if they charged me PA sales tax or not, but they had a **** good price on the M2P SC bundle and they included all kinds of extras in the purchase. I am super happy with my purchase from SSE a year after the fact! You can also use AFFIRM to finance your M2P or drone of choice purchase if you desire. I find AFFIRM to be a great alternative to some other methods of purchase. The rate is pretty affordable and they don't report you to the credit bureau for a late payment. They also don't do a "Hard pull" on your credit, which can affect your credit score if they pile up. Takes about 5 mins to find out if and how much you are approved for. Hope I was of some help...Good luck!

Have you, or would you, look at and consider the Autel Evo 2 due to come out in March?
I have the MPP and a Phantom 4. As I look at the specs of the Evo 2 it’s looking like a good upgrade from my current drones.

Have you, or would you, look at and consider the Autel Evo 2 due to come out in March?
I have the MPP and a Phantom 4. As I look at the specs of the Evo 2 it’s looking like a good upgrade from my current drones.
Evo 2 will not be out in March. I would not consider any Autel product until it is actually available for sale, and has been proven to live up to its hype. Autel is grossly underfunded and makes promises they know they cannot keep. Why would you not be looking at the proven Mavic 2 line?

Reactions: pelagic_one
Evo 2 will not be out in March. I would not consider any Autel product until it is actually available for sale, and has been proven to live up to its hype. Autel is grossly underfunded and makes promises they know they cannot keep. Why would you not be looking at the proven Mavic 2 line?

I hear you! I’ve never had an Autel product and know little about the company. However that does not stop me from considering other options other than DJI. I like an awful lot about what I’m hearing of the Autel Evo 2. Although I’m aware of the fact that its what you don’t hear that usually ends up bitting you.

For now I’m perfectly happy with my MPP and P4. They have both served me well over the years with no problems. But I’m still keeping an eye on the Evo 2 as a possible purchase.

Reactions: ff22
I hear you! I’ve never had an Autel product and know little about the company. However that does not stop me from considering other options other than DJI. I like an awful lot about what I’m hearing of the Autel Evo 2. Although I’m aware of the fact that its what you don’t hear that usually ends up bitting you.

For now I’m perfectly happy with my MPP and P4. They have both served me well over the years with no problems. But I’m still keeping an eye on the Evo 2 as a possible purchase.
I have nothing against Autel. I own the EVO. However, Autel just copies DJI 2 years later, while the 1” sensor on the Mavic 2 Pro has been thoroughly tested by DJI users since July of 2018. No pig in a poke or vaporware. If Autel ever makes the 1” EVO 2, I'll consider it, too, for the flight time and range, if it is real! In the mean time, back to reality. M2P is your current best upgrade choice that will not disappoint! All 2020 expectations out of China are currently on hold due to complete company and factory closures of Autel and DJI, due to the Coronavirus. Bird in the hand!

Reactions: Paulf10
I have nothing against Autel. I own the EVO. However, Autel just copies DJI 2 years later, while the 1” sensor on the Mavic 2 Pro has been thoroughly tested by DJI users since July of 2018. No pig in a poke or vaporware. If Autel ever makes the 1” EVO 2, I'll consider it, too, for the flight time and range, if it is real! In the mean time, back to reality. M2P is your current best upgrade choice that will not disappoint! All 2020 expectations out of China are currently on hold due to complete company and factory closures of Autel and DJI, due to the Coronavirus. Bird in the hand!

There is an old saying in chess..”never change a winning game”. I’m really happy with DJI and I trust them. So why should I change? The biggest draw of the EVO 2 is, at least for me, is the flight time and range (range being signal strength). If I’m really honest about it, my photography skills are not good enough to appreciate the camera upgrade in either the M2P or the EVO 2. This is partially due to the fact that I’m color blind, but not entirely. The only thing I’m really sure about is that I’d like a new drone that has enough performance upgrades compared to my existing drones that would make the investment worthwhile.

There is an old saying in chess..”never change a winning game”. I’m really happy with DJI and I trust them. So why should I change? The biggest draw of the EVO 2 is, at least for me, is the flight time and range (range being signal strength). If I’m really honest about it, my photography skills are not good enough to appreciate the camera upgrade in either the M2P or the EVO 2. This is partially due to the fact that I’m color blind, but not entirely. The only thing I’m really sure about is that I’d like a new drone that has enough performance upgrades compared to my existing drones that would make the investment worthwhile.
Range on the Mavic 2 is up to 5.4 miles away with clear LOS, and flight time is 25 minutes at 31 mph on a new battery. Is that good enough for you? OcuSync 2 rocks. Autel EVO 2 reviewers were getting FPV pixelation and screen freezes within VLOS! Autel's touted 30 minute flight time on the EVO turned out to be a realistic 20 minutes in my use! If you don't need the superior image quality of the M2P, get the M2Z, and enjoy live 2x optical in 4K 30fps, and up to 4x dynamic zoom in 1080p at 30fps. I have both!

Range on the Mavic 2 is up to 5.4 miles away with clear LOS, and flight time is 25 minutes at 31 mph on a new battery. Is that good enough for you? OcuSync 2 rocks. Autel EVO 2 reviewers were getting FPV pixelation and screen freezes within VLOS! Autel's touted 30 minute flight time on the EVO turned out to be a realistic 20 minutes in my use! If you don't need the superior image quality of the M2P, get the M2Z, and enjoy live 2x optical in 4K 30fps, and up to 4x dynamic zoom in 1080p at 30fps. I have both!

I like what your saying! I’m going to take a closer look at M2P and M2Z.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique