DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro and removable gimbal

As someone who tried to replace a gimbal on the P4P with the part sold by DJI, I can tell you that, even though it's a simple cable to plug in, the system can throw all kinds of errors, and will often end up requiring you to send it in for repair anyway. Our only hope would be a modular camera in a future version of the AC.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
One reviewer said you have to send it back and implied that they send you a replacement drone. It’s not clear if it can really be changed or is this just an exchange program:

GoPro Karma did this around the time the original Mavic came out. It was an awesome feature on an otherwise inferior product. Not sure why DJI wouldnt include something like this. Probably afraid it would kill their handheld gimbal sales so I guess you cant blame them.

Or because of the far heavier camera and construction required it wasnt feasible. Especially on a small airframe.

One reviewer said you have to send it back and implied that they send you a replacement drone. It’s not clear if it can really be changed or is this just an exchange program:
They send you a drone with swapped camera plus your previous camera. I dont think they swap also some other part inside the drone. I think after you can swap camera as you want.

Reactions: ssvdh66
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green